Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Connect TV via HDMI

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grumpyduck

Grumpyduck

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

I just cannot get my TV connected to my PC via HDMI 

My AMD Radeon 5700 1024MB series graphics card  shows as "Not Plugged In"

I have checked the HDMI cable and its fine.

I have installed the latest drivers. 

I'm trying to connect it to a Phillips TV

I use the DVI output from the card to my Viewsonic screen and want to duplicate this output to my TV

I'm on Windows 7

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300

Motherboard AsusTek P5KPL-AM IN/GB

Help appreciated thanks

GD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grumpyduck

Grumpyduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

No-one want to offer any kind of advice..?

GD

#3 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

well this seems to be an issue that is not very easy to help with. the issue could be in the cable, graphics card, the tv, the graphics card plugin, the computer, the motherboard. Multiple problems. Are your drivers up to date? Is you're tv compatible with the card? Many things may apply. 

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

#4 Grumpyduck

Grumpyduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

The cable and TV work with another video source, the card is working as far as the DVI is outputting to the PC monitor, all the drivers are up to date. It used to work, I've also tried connecting to my AMP with no luck.

#5 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

I just cannot get my TV connected to my PC via HDMI 

My AMD Radeon 5700 1024MB series graphics card  shows as "Not Plugged In"

I have checked the HDMI cable and its fine.

I have installed the latest drivers. 

I'm trying to connect it to a Phillips TV

I use the DVI output from the card to my Viewsonic screen and want to duplicate this output to my TV

I'm on Windows 7

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300

Motherboard AsusTek P5KPL-AM IN/GB

Help appreciated thanks

GD

So, precisely where are you seeing the message that your video card "is not plugged in" displayed? Generally, getting output from the video card to your TV via HDMI is simply a matter of selecting the appropriate input source on the TV.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

#6 Grumpyduck

Grumpyduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

In the Sound Properties box..

BYvJpICIYAAezTg.jpg

#7 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I only know of 3 possible causes. First, try setting the HDMI output as the default audio device. Second, check the manual for your TV, because no matter how strange it sounds, some TVs only recognize PC audio output at a specific HDMI port. The third possibility would be that the HDMI port could be defective. I really don't know how to check that other than by connecting to a different device that supports HDMI audio input: a different TV or a monitor with speakers. Yeah, I know that isn't likely to be very practical. And again, verify that you have the correct input selected on the TV. It's just one of those obvious things that can be overlooked.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

#8 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

One thing you can try is to run your video output through a DVI to HDMI converter. If it is something wrong with the port then this will work. 

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users