Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp 5101 won't start after cleaning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 qwerty1104

qwerty1104

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hi everybody, here is the riddle to solve. Given my HP mini 5101 (Intel Atom 1.6ghz, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hdd, 10.1 inch screen, Win XP Pro) had the fan almosy constantly running so I decided to clean it internally. Very carefully dismounted it - I have already experience on this, nothing broke - blew out half a ton of dust with a compressor, and reassembled the unit. No problems so far. The story turned sad when plugging it in to the mains it would not turn on anymore. Absolutely no sign of life. I have reopened it, checked every single bit for accidental damage, loose cables, anything, but none found.

If anybody knows what else to look for or what to do, please...

Thanks a lot in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Did you use proper static discharge protection? Integrated circuits can suffer permanent damage when subjected to electrostatic discharge.

Also, when cleaning a fan with compressed air, insert something between the blades to keep them from spinning. Spinning a fan faster than it was designed to run can ruin the bearings.

Edited by SpywareDoc, 04 November 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#3 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Make sure again every thing is plugged in. Hard drive too. Make sure the outlet has power.
check your lights that should be on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users