Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not enough space to load temp files

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 logrdada

logrdada

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

My daughter let a school acquaintance "fix" her Dell Inspiron e1505 laptop. Basically what he did was to delete the recovery drive, reformat the c drive and install a version of windows 7 that says it's not genuine. I tried booting the vista files from the disk that came with the computer, but keep getting an error message that says there is not enough space to download the temporary files. My question is, can I partition the c drive to do it or can I download those few file to an external hdd and then run them from there. I don't want to mess anything up because my computer is on its last legs. Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

Your daughter should be able to get a Windows 7 Installation disk at a huge discount from her school.

#3 logrdada

logrdada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

Thank you and we might try that. But I'd rather put vista back on. The computer is 7 years old and runs very slow on 7.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

Here is a good deal on Windows Vista Business which would be more then adequate for her school needs: http://www.royaldiscount.com/Windows+Vista+Business/Windows+Vista+Business.html - 115.00

#5 logrdada

logrdada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I guess I wasn't clear. I have a. Ista disk and it's perfectly good. My problem is that I cant reinstall it without getting this error message Error code 0x80070103 not enough room for temporary files. I've read to make my c drive as active, but that seems dangerous from what I read. All I really want to know is if I can partition the c drive and put the files on that partition. Or how about reformatting the hard drive and do a clean install. This will be my computer now.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Is the Vista disk a full version or Upgrade version?

If its a full version, then during the install it will prompt you to format the drive via Advanced Setup.

At this screen:

4a600c0d-e4e4-4bad-aed8-d3e0721a993e_15.

You will select the Advanced option.

#7 logrdada

logrdada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Sorry. I feel like i was rude. I have the vista disk that came with the computer. I appreciate your suggestions, and the time you took to respond. But I don't need software, just help getting around the installation problem. Thank you again for your help and your time.

#8 logrdada

logrdada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I did not see the previous post. I will try that and let you know what happens.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

On the front of the CD what does it say? This is critical, because if it is a upgrade version you cannot use it to install the OS again. If it says Recovery CD then it will allow you to reinstall the OS and it should reformat the drive.

#10 logrdada

logrdada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hi. Swell it finally worked. By booting from the cd drive, it didn't give me the error message. The first time it wouldn't extract the fils. I went back and formatted the drive then tried again. This time it loaded in just a few minutes. Now I have a clean computer to use. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users