Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My C: Drive is named "Access Denied" I can't do ANYTHING but get online!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbinet

Bobbinet

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Vista Home Basic. I have done two complete install's of the OS in the last month. Both times it was different than the Vista I am VERY used to. After the first install I felt it was changed because I left the router on. The second time (about 3 weeks later) I turned the router off by unplugging it. Same results. That led me to believe the CD is corrupt. I opened it up to view the files and it has several files added to it. One was a EXCLUDE and another I believe was additional files to include. After doing so and also running SFC and CHKDSK my laptop froze. When it came back on I had lost all my security programs. I had the paid verson of Malwarebytes Pro, Hitmanpro, CCleaner, etc. I also had a entire folder of programs I used often. ALL GONE! I can not do anything at all now. I can't open, save, run, NOTHING! When I try to save a picture in Paint, a box opens with a yellow caution and says "No error occurred". After start up I get "C:\Windows\system32\SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe  "The Parameter is incorrect."" My Computer shows [Access Denied (C:)] and the icon is wrong, it shows a cd/dvd icon. The other is DVD/CD-RW DRIVE (D:) It shows the same icon but with the disk above it. Appears it is open and the C: locked? The properties shows the same for both. Which are correct? for the D Drive. I had a few programs on a flash drive and was able to run some with success but only in Safe Mode. I can open Task Manager, but I can't show all users. Under services is a ZJNHEO, and not running. When I go into properties of things they have a check on either the archive or read only, not sure if that is normal or not. Last week MWB blocked an out-going to Korea. Also my keyboard acts different. I need help. I CAN'T run a program to post for you. I am pretty sure there is a partition that was not there previously. I don't know how to look for this, and it would have to be done in Safe Mode. I can run some things in Safe mode. I can't download anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Now I cant get to safe mode, and I tried twice to get laptop to load from cd and it won't. Windows Defender keeps telling me it blocked somethings, and when I go check they are already ok'd. They are VJXUQOENBLG, CIZU, HECBSX2E. The ONLY thing my computer is able to do is go online....

#3 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

step1.gif In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.

CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/512840 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.

step2.gifIf you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:

• If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
    • Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.
    • If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.
    • If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.

Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.

DDS.com Download Link
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control can be found HERE.

As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

#4 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

I don't think there is any hope. I can't open safe mode now. I am pretty sure the bios has been changed.  

Edited by Bobbinet, 08 November 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hello, my name is Elise and I'll assist you with this issue.

If you'd like to be sure the BIOS is using its default settings, you can just clear CMOS, however BIOS and Windows not booting in safe mode have little to do with each other.

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to boot in safe mode? And in normal mode?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

#6 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thank you for helping. 

I was able to go to safe mode several times after this happened. I ran a couple of programs that I had on a flash disk. Now using F8 it says please wait. It never goes off the page. As soon as I log on to windows there is a beep and as the desktop shows it gives me a box stating "C:\Windows\system32\systemPropertiesComputerName.exe The parameter is incorrect. It is slow to open and shutdown. The bios had a different number than it used to. it was 2.4 and now 2.0. I don't remember how I found that as I have tried so many things. There is a partition now. I think I am in the partition. I have no admin rights. Now I cant boot to the cd drive from F12. It just opens the regular. Security keeps popping up stating I am not protected. Under the security settings it states that Windows Defender is not running. But at the bottom taskbar it shows it is. It is constantly popping up and telling me it just blocked a program. It is not really blocking it though. It is msconfig.exe /auto. 

#7 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,575 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Sounds like your bios version was downgraded, which is normal if you do a reset.

I"m not sure what partition you are talking about, do you have more than one windows installation?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

animinionsmalltext.gif

#8 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

I never set up a partition but there is one. 0 has 78.41mb and 1 has 74.45. I know this sounds crazy but all the computers in this house are infected. The reason I am having this problem is I kept trying to stop the remote access and remote registry. Every time I did I had a worse problem. My daughters computer is 2011 running windows 7. As of last week when you turn it on it shows Windows os x in the lower left corner in a black box. When I was still able to go into safe mode or access the registry my files have an i in front of them. All I want to accomplish is somehow being able to restore this. I don't want to save anything. It wont open games even. The ONLY thing I can do is go online. I can't open, save or anything. I HAD a paid Malwarebytes and it blocked a outgoing to Korea last week. I don't see any hope since I cant run anything from the usb due to permissions. And I cant boot to the cd. We bought this new in 07. The bios was 2.4 at that time. It needed upgraded but it has a password and we did not create it. The really odd thing is I can't download anything yet adobe "flashplayer11x32ax_gtbd_chrd_dn_aaa_aih[1].exe" is now under my temp folder. I also have items from Paypal on there. My C drive does not have OS it has access denied. and 0 bytes. I need to get into safe mode and help to change this. 

#9 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I read the bootmgr about 2 hours before I had these changes. It was a extra file that was on my install disk. Here is some of the readable text. Most is gibberish If this is not ok to post just delete it. It looks as they had a time loading the  os X to me. 

"". BOOTMGR image is corrupt.  The system cannot boot.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      The Windows Boot Manager is incompatible with this system.

No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot
Manager.  The system can not continue.
 BOOTMGR image is corrupt.  The system cannot boot. The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.
 Boot Parameters size (0x%lx) is too big
 BTAPENT                   
 TRAP %lx  
DEBUG TRAP   ================== DOUBLE FAULT ================================ 

===== STACK SEGMENT OVERRUN or NOT PRESENT FAULT =============== 

============== GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT ======================== 

=================== PAGE FAULT ================================= 

** At linear address %lx
  ===================== EXCEPTION ================================ 

tr=%x  cr0=%lx  cr2=%lx  cr3=%lx
  gdt limit=%x  base=%lx    idt limit=%x  base=%lx

cs:eip=%x:%lx  ss:esp=%x:%lx  errcode=%x
  eax=%lx  ebx=%lx  ecx=%lx  edx=%lx  ds=%x  es=%x
  edi=%lx  esi=%lx  ebp=%lx  cr0=%lx  fs=%x  gs=%x
  flags=%lx   Cy  NoCy  Zr  NoZr  IntEn IntDis  Up  Down  TrapEn 
 TrapDis 
 Link %x
 Esp0 %x
 SS0  %x
 Esp1 %lx
 Cr3  %lx
 Eip  %lx
 Eflg %lx
 Eax  %lx
 Ebx  %lx
 Ecx  %lx
 Edx  %lx
 Esp  %lx
 Ebp  %lx
 Esi  %lx
 Edi  %lx
 ES   %x
 CS   %x
 SS   %x
 DS   %x
 FS   %x
 GS   %x
 Ldt  %x
       %lx
¸LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode. $    
MSFT1200U)Microsoft Authenticode™ Root Authority      0‚"0
‚ 0‚
"Copyright © 1997 Microsoft Corp.10U
Microsoft Corporation1!0UMicrosoft Root Authority      0‚"0
Washington10U Redmond10U
Microsoft Corporation1)0'U Microsoft Code Verification Root       0‚"0
"Copyright © 1999 Microsoft Corp.10U
Microsoft Corporation1&0$UMicrosoft Test Root Authority 0ß0
0'1%0#UMS Protected Media Test Root   0‚"0
011/0-U&Microsoft Digital Media Authority 2005     0‚"0
 \ B o o t   B l I n i t i a l i z e L i b r a r y   f a i l e d   0 x % x 

\ B o o t \ B C D   B O O T M G R . X S L   B l R e s o u r c e F i n d M e s s a g e   f a i l e d   0 x % x 

B l X m i I n i t i a l i z e   f a i l e d   0 x % x 

< b o o t m g r / >     \ B o o t \ b o o t s t a t . d a t     < o s b o o t - l i s t - t o o l s     < o s b o o t - l i s t       t i m e o u t = '     % u '   >   < / o s b o o t - l i s t - t o o l s >     < / o s b o o t - l i s t >     < t i m e o u t - c a n c e l / >   < b o o t m g r - e n d - m e n u / >   < o s b o o t - e r r o r         g e n e r i c - h e l p = ' t r u e '       s t a t u s = '   0 x % 0 8 x     '   i n f o = '     '   f i l e = '     '   / >     c o n t i n u e     r e c o v e r   < r e s u m e - e r r o r   ' / >   a n y k e y     e x i t     a d v o p s     b o o t o p s   o e m   s u b m i t     d e f a u l t   < o s b o o t - t o o l   n a m e = '   < o s b o o t - e n t r y   n a m e = '     % l u   '   v a l u e = '   '   t i p = '   '   c a r a t = ' t r u e   '   e m s = ' e n a b l e d     '   d e b u g g e r = ' e n a b l e d   '   d e f a u l t = ' t r u e   < p r o g r e s s - b a r / >   < p r o g r e s s - u p d a t e   v a l u e = '     % d ' / >   < p r o g r e s s - i n f o   v a l u e = '     % C     % c     % s     %6d % 0 3 u . % 0 3 u . % 0 3 u . % 0 3 u     w d s = '       n o w d s = ' t r u e '   < f v e - g e t - p a s s w o r d     v o l u m e i d = '     p a s s w o r d i d = '   % d     < f v e - g e t - p i n     r e t r y   r e b o o t    

Â\ W i n d o w s \ S y s t e m 3 2 \ w i n l o a d . e x e   \ W i n d o w s \ S y s t e m 3 2 \ b o o t \ w i n l o a d . e x e             
 A n   e r r o r   o c c u r r e d   ( % 0 8 x )   w h i l e   a t t e m p t i n g   t o   l o a d   t h e   b o o t   a p p l i c a t i o n   % s 

A n   e r r o r   o c c u r r e d   ( % 0 8 x )   w h i l e   a t t e m p t i n g   t o   r e a d   t h e   b o o t   c o n f i g u r a t i o n   d a t a   f i l e   % s 

N o   v a l i d   e n t r i e s   f o u n d   i n   t h e   b o o t   c o n f i g u r a t i o n   d a t a   f i l e   % s 

T h e   b o o t   m a n a g e r   e x p e r i e n c e d   a n   e r r o r   ( % 0 8 x ) . 

T h e   b o o t   s e l e c t i o n   f a i l e d   b e c a u s e   a   r e q u i r e d   d e v i c e   i s   i n a c c e s s i b l e   ( % 0 8 x ) . 

R a m d i s k   d e v i c e   c r e a t i o n   f a i l e d   d u e   t o   i n s u f f i c i e n t   m e m o r y   ( % 0 8 x ) . 

T h e   b o o t   c o n f i g u r a t i o n   f i l e   % s   i s   i n v a l i d   ( % 0 8 x ) . 
   i o - h e l p = ' t r u e '     h a s h - h e l p = ' t r u e '     \ b o o t m g r     B m R e s u m e F r o m H i b e r n a t e :   F a i l e d   t o   r e o p e n   t h e   B C D   s t o r e   a f t e r   r e s u m e   l o a d e r   e x e c u t i o n   ( 0 x % 0 8 x ) 
       \ W i n d o w s \ S y s t e m 3 2 \ w i n r e s u m e . e x e   B m R e s u m e F r o m H i b e r n a t e :   F a i l e d   t o   p u r g e   a t t e m p t   r e s u m e   o p t i o n   i n   t h e   b o o t   m a n a g e r ' s   B C D   s e t t i n g s   ( 0 x % 0 8 x ) 
   \ N T L D R     \ h i b e r f i l . s y s   &´~xÆ6ï@¶½¥Î™e­ [boot loader]   [operating systems] \ $ L D R $     \ B O O T . I N I   BOOTMGRDEFAULT= DEFAULT=    C:\ bootsect.dat    C M D C O N S   \ C M L D R     \ b o o t . i n i   Boot Application    BD: Boot Debugger Initialized
  User requested boot debugger break!
C o n s o l e   v i d e o   m o d e   s e t   t o   0 x % x 

< f v e - b a d - c o d e - i d     < f v e - b a d - c o d e - o p t i o n s     f i l e n a m e = ' % s '       b a d o p t i o n = ' 0 x % x '   < f v e - e x t e r n a l - k e y - l o a d e d / >     < f v e - b a d - p i n / >     < f v e - t p m - l o c k o u t / >     < f v e - e x t e r n a l - k e y - n e e d e d       k e y f i l e = ' % s '     v o l u m e i d = ' % s '     < f v e - b a d - p a s s w o r d / >   < f v e - t p m - d i s a b l e d / >   < f v e - d e b u g g e r - e n a b l e d / >   < f v e - b a d - s h u t d o w n / >   < f v e - r e s t a r t - w i n l o a d / >     < f v e - t p m - i n v a l i d a t e d / >     < f v e - e d i t - b o o t - o p t i o n s - e n a b l e d / >     < f v e - b a d - e x t e r n a l - k e y - f i l e / >     < f v e - b a d - p c r - r e g i s t e r s / >     < f v e - b a d - s r k / >     M”
 C o n s o l e   o p e n e d   i n   v i d e o   m o d e   0 x % x 

I P : % d . % d . % d . % d     $SDI0001    j a     \ B o o t \ F o n t s \ j p n _ b o o t . t t f     k o     \ B o o t \ F o n t s \ k o r _ b o o t . t t f     z h - C N   z h - C H S     z h - H a n s   \ B o o t \ F o n t s \ c h s _ b o o t . t t f     z h - T W   z h - C H T     z h - H K   z h - H a n t   \ B o o t \ F o n t s \ c h t _ b o o t . t t f     \ B o o t \ F o n t s \ w g l 4 _ b o o t . t t f       C o n s o l e   g r a p h i c s   m o d e   d i s a b l e d   v i a   B C D 
   % l s % l s     % l s \ % l s   MSWIM   f a s t f a t   c d f s     C D 0 0 1   E L   T O R I T O   S P E C I F I C A T I O N   C D R O M       A S S E R T :   U d f s V o l u m e T a b l e   = =   N U L L   i n   U d f s I n i t i a l i z e   u d f s     NTFS        n t f s     N T F S :   U n a l i g n e d   f i l e   a t t r i b u t e   h e a d e r ,   H e a d e r = 0 x % 0 8 p ,   F R S = 0 x % 0 8 p 
       N T F S :   A t t r i b u t e   t y p e   n o t   c o n t a i n e d   i n   f i l e   r e c o r d   s e g m e n t   ( 0 x % 0 8 p ) ! 
         N T F S :   A t t r i b u t e   h e a d e r   n o t   c o n t a i n e d   w i t h i n   f i l e   r e c o r d   s e g m e n t ,   H e a d e r = 0 x % 0 8 p ,   F R S = 0 x % 0 8 p 
   PXEClient   BTAPENT I n v a l i d   s u b s y s t e m   f o r   % s 

.EXE    . c a t     * * *   W i n d o w s   i s   u n a b l e   t o   v e r i f y   t h e   s i g n a t u r e   o f 
         t h e   f i l e   % s .     I t   w i l l   b e   a l l o w e d   t o   l o a d 
         b e c a u s e   t h e   b o o t   d e b u g g e r   i s   e n a b l e d . 
         U s e   g   t o   c o n t i n u e ! ! 
     .rsrc   M U I   % s \ % s \ % s . M U I     M U I :   % s   c h e c k s u m   d o e s   n o t   m a t c h   p r i m a r y   f i l e   c h e c k s u m 
     e n - U S       
 * * *   F a t a l   E r r o r   0 x % 0 8 x   : 
                                 ( 0 x % p ,   0 x % p ,   0 x % p ,   0 x % p ) 

disk    signature   partition   rdisk   fdisk   cdrom   ramdisk / R D P A T H   net / W I M S O U R C E     D E T E C T H A L   M A X M E M =   T I M E O U T =     K E R N E L =   H A L =     N O E X E C U T E = O P T I N   N O E X E C U T E = O P T O U T     N O E X E C U T E = A L W A Y S O N     N O E X E C U T E = A L W A Y S O F F   N O E X E C U T E   E X E C U T E   N O P A E   P A E   N O D E B U G   D E B U G   B O O T D E B U G   D E B U G P O R T   C O M 1     C O M 2     C O M 3     C O M 4     1 3 9 4     U S B   B A U D R A T E     C H A N N E L =     T A R G E T N A M E =   R E D I R E C T =   R E D I R E C T B A U D R A T E =   3 G B   U S E R V A =   3 0 7 2     D I S A B L E _ I N T E G R I T Y _ C H E C K S     T E S T S I G N I N G   c m d c o n s   R O L L B A C K     u n d o     C O N F I G A C C E S S P O L I C Y = D I S A L L O W M M C O N F I G   C O N F I G A C C E S S P O L I C Y = D E F A U L T     M S I P O L I C Y = D E F A U L T   M S I P O L I C Y = F O R C E D I S A B L E     P C I E X P R E S S P O L I C Y = D E F A U L T     P C I E X P R E S S P O L I C Y = F O R C E D I S A B L E   octet   tsize   blksize TFTP Aborted        L i b r a r y   c a l l   t o   p e r s i s t   l o g   r e s u l t s   f a i l e d   0 x % 0 8 x 
     < ? x m l   v e r s i o n = " 1 . 0 "   h r e f = " n t l d r . x s l " ? >     & a m p ;   & a p o s ;     & q u o t ;     & g t ;     & l t ;     p   b r     b   b o l d     e m     s t r o n g     f o n t     f o r m     s e l e c t     i n p u t   m e t e r   t e x t a r e a     n a m e     a c t i v e     s e l e c t e d     t r u e     c a r a t   v a l u e   t i p                   r i g h t - j u s t i f y   m i n s i z e   a c t i v e - c o l o r     n o r m a l - c o l o r     t i p - t a r g e t     o p t i o n     s e p a r a t o r   s i z e     f u l l - c o l o r     b l a n k - c o l o r   f u l l - c h a r   b l a n k - c h a r     m a x l e n     t y p e     p a s s w o r d     n o e d i t     n u m e r i c   b o r d e r - c o l o r     t e x t - c o l o r     b a c k g r o u n d - c o l o r     [                 ]     w i d t h   h e i g h t     s c r o l l     p a d - l e f t     p a d - r i g h t   i n d e n t     f o r e g r o u n d - c o l o r     c o l o r   k e y   E N T E R   S P A C E   E S C   T A B   B A C K S P A C E   O E M K E Y     F 1     F 2     F 3     F 4     F 5     F 6     F 7     F 8     F 9     F 1 0   F 1 1   F 1 2   A N Y   P G U P     P G D N     H O M E     E N D   I N S   D E L   a c t i o n     o s x m l : u p d a t e     o s x m l : t e x t - m o d e - u i     d i s a b l e - t i m e r   c o n t r o l   h e a d     b o d y     i n v e r s e - c o l o r   t i t l e   f o o t e r     t i m e r   i n i t i a l   m e t a     e v e n t   T I M E O U T   o s x m l : t e x t     o s x m l : r o w   d i m s     t d     

o s x m l : n e w l i n e   p o s t     k e y d a t a   % u        d o u b l e - d a s h   ( " - - " )   i l l e g a l   i n s i d e   c o m m e n t       i n v a l i d   f i r s t   c h a r a c t e r   i n   p r o c e s s i n g   i n s t r u c t i o n   n a m e     e x p e c t e d   v a l i d   n a m e ,   t h e n   w h i t e s p a c e   b e f o r e   p a r a m e t e r s   i n   p r o c e s s i n g   i n s t r u c t i o n         i n v a l i d   f i r s t   c h a r a c t e r   i n   a t t r t i b u t e   n a m e     m u l t i p l e   a t t r i b u t e s   w i t h   t h e   s a m e   n a m e     e x p e c t e d   e q u a l s   s i g n   i n   a t t r i b u t e       e x p e c t e d   o p e n - q u o t e   i n   a t t r i b u t e         e x p e c t e d   c l o s e - q u o t e   i n   a t t r i b u t e       E x p e c t e d   l e s s - t h a n   s y m b o l   i n   o p e n i n g   t a g         E x p e c t e d   v a l i d   f i r s t   n a m e   c h a r a c t e r   i n   t a g   n a m e   E x p e c t e d   g r e a t e r - t h a n   s y m b o l   i n   o p e n i n g   t a g   u n e x p e c t e d   c h a r a c t e r s   i n   t a g   c o n t e n t s   e x p e c t e d   c l o s e - t a g   s e q u e n c e       e x p e c t e d   c l o s i n g   t a g   t o   m a t c h   o p e n i n g   t a g       e x p e c t e d   c l o s i n g   t a g   t o   m a t c h   o p e n i n g     t a g     e x p e c t e d   g r e a t e r - t h a n   s y m b o l   i n   c l o s i n g   t a g   c a l l b a c k   r e t u r n e d   F A L S E   e x p e c t e d   l e s s - t h a n   s i g n   i n   d o c u m e n t   r o o t     D T D     n o t   s u p p o r t e d         I N T E R N A L :   a t t e m p t e d   t o   s e t   m o d e   w i t h   a n   e m p t y   p a r s e   s t a c k       U n e x p e c t e d   X M L   p a r s e   s t a c k   u n d e r f l o w     O u t   o f   M e m o r y   6C ËC ª1C ËC ñ2C ËC / /     *   @ *     @   . .     .   (   c o m m e n t   t e x t     p r o c e s s i n g - i n s t r u c t i o n     x s l : a p p l y - t e m p l a t e s   m o d e     x s l : v a l u e - o f     x s l : f o r - e a c h     x s l : c o p y - o f   x s l : c a l l - t e m p l a t e   m a c r o   x s l : e l e m e n t   x s l : a t t r i b u t e   x s l : c o m m e n t   x s l : t e x t     x s l : p r o c e s s i n g - i n s t r u c t i o n     x s l : c o p y     U n s u p p o r t e d   X S L   C o m m a n d   x s l : s t y l e s h e e t     x s l : t r a n s f o r m   x s l : t e m p l a t e     m a t c h   x m l : s p a c e   p r e s e r v e     < x s l : t e m p l a t e     m a t c h = "       m o d e = "     n a m e = "   < / x s l : t e m p l a t e > 
     < x s l : s t y l e s h e e t >     < / x s l : s t y l e s h e e t  bootmgr.dll RSDS“ZŸ]ãG…~×)°ÓA   bootmgr.pdb                                       
 B O O T M G R . X S L 

˜ A n   e r r o r   o c c u r r e d   w h i l e   a t t e m p t i n g   t o   r e a d   t h e   b o o t   c o n f i g u r a t i o n   d a t a . 

| T o   s p e c i f y   a n   a d v a n c e d   o p t i o n   f o r   t h i s   c h o i c e ,   p r e s s   F 8 . 

x A n   e r r o r   o c c u r r e d   w h i l e   e n u m e r a t i n g   g l o b a l   p a r a m e t e r s . 

L A n   u n e x p e c t e d   e r r o r   h a s   o c c u r r e d . 

´ T h e   s e l e c t e d   e n t r y   c o u l d   n o t   b e   l o a d e d   b e c a u s e   t h e   a p p l i c a t i o n   i s   m i s s i n g   o r   c o r r u p t . 

T h e   W i n d o w s   B o o t   C o n f i g u r a t i o n   D a t a   f i l e   d o e s   n o t   c o n t a i n   a   v a l i d   O S   e n t r y . 

_ 

˜ I n v a l i d   g r o u p   o f   d i g i t s   e n t e r e d .     P l e a s e   c o r r e c t   t h e   h i g h l i g h t e d   g r o u p . 

” T h e   b o o t   s e l e c t i o n   f a i l e d   b e c a u s e   a   r e q u i r e d   d e v i c e   i s   i n a c c e s s i b l e . 

T h e   a c t i o n   c o u l d   n o t   b e   c o m p l e t e d   b e c a u s e   t h e   B i t L o c k e r   D r i v e   E n c r y p t i o n   k e y   r e q u i r e d   t o   u n l o c k   t h e   v o l u m e   c o u l d   n o t   b e   o b t a i n e d . 

€ R a m d i s k   d e v i c e   c r e a t i o n   f a i l e d   d u e   t o   i n s u f f i c i e n t   m e m o r y . 

œ T h e   W i n d o w s   B o o t   C o n f i g u r a t i o n   D a t a   f i l e   i s   m i s s i n g   r e q u i r e d   i n f o r m a t i o n . 

Ä A t t e m p t i n g   t o   l o a d   a   6 4 - b i t   a p p l i c a t i o n ,   h o w e v e r   t h i s   C P U   i s   n o t   c o m p a t i b l e   w i t h   6 4 - b i t   m o d e . 

T A n   u n e x p e c t e d   I / O   e r r o r   h a s   o c c u r r e d . 

¼ T h e   f i l e   i s   p o s s i b l y   c o r r u p t .     I t s   h e a d e r   c h e c k s u m   d o e s   n o t   m a t c h   t h e   c o m p u t e d   c h e c k s u m . 

€ W i n d o w s   c a n n o t   v e r i f y   t h e   d i g i t a l   s i g n a t u r e   f o r   t h i s   f i l e . 

„4   V S _ V E R S I O N _ I N F O     ½ïþ     @p   @p?                     â   S t r i n g F i l e I n f o   ¾   0 4 0 9 0 4 B 0   L C o m p a n y N a m e     M i c r o s o f t   C o r p o r a t i o n   B 
  F i l e D e s c r i p t i o n     B o o t   M a n a g e r     n ' F i l e V e r s i o n     6 . 0 . 6 0 0 0 . 1 6 3 8 6   ( v i s t a _ r t m . 0 6 1 1 0 1 - 2 2 0 5 )     8 I n t e r n a l N a m e   b o o t m g r . e x e   € . L e g a l C o p y r i g h t   ©   M i c r o s o f t   C o r p o r a t i o n .   A l l   r i g h t s   r e s e r v e d .   @ O r i g i n a l F i l e n a m e   b o o t m g r . e x e   j % P r o d u c t N a m e     M i c r o s o f t ®   W i n d o w s ®   O p e r a t i n g   S y s t e m     B P r o d u c t V e r s i o n   6 . 0 . 6 0 0 0 . 1 6 3 8 6     D   V a r F i l e I n f o     $   T r a n s l a t i o n     °ÿþ< ? x m l   v e r s i o n = " 1 . 0 "   e n c o d i n g = " u n i c o d e " ? > 

< x s l : s t y l e s h e e t   x m l n s : x s l = " h t t p : / / w w w . w 3 . o r g / 1 9 9 9 / X S L / T r a n s f o r m "   x m l n s : o s x m l = " o s x m l "   v e r s i o n = " 1 . 0 " > 

W i n d o w s   B i t L o c k e r   D r i v e   E n c r y p t i o n   I n f o r m a t i o n 

T h e   s y s t e m   b o o t   i n f o r m a t i o n   h a s   c h a n g e d   s i n c e   B i t L o c k e r   w a s   e n a b l e d .

Y o u   m u s t   s u p p l y   a   B i t L o c k e r   r e c o v e r y   p a s s w o r d   t o   s t a r t   t h i s   s y s t e m .

C o n f i r m   t h a t   t h e   c h a n g e s   t o   t h e   s y s t e m   b o o t   i n f o r m a t i o n   a r e   a u t h o r i z e d . 

I f   t h e   c h a n g e s   t o   t h e   s y s t e m   b o o t   i n f o r m a t i o n   a r e   t r u s t e d ,   t h e n   d i s a b l e   a n d   r e - e n a b l e   B i t L o c k e r .   T h i s   w i l l   r e s e t   B i t L o c k e r   t o   u s e   t h e   n e w   b o o t   i n f o r m a t i o n .

O t h e r w i s e   r e s t o r e   t h e   s y s t e m   b o o t   i n f o r m a t i o n .

W i n d o w s   B i t L o c k e r   D r i v e   E n c r y p t i o n   I n f o r m a t i o n 

T h e   B i t L o c k e r   e n c r y p t i o n   k e y   o b t a i n e d   f r o m   t h e   T r u s t e d   P l a t f o r m   M o d u l e   ( T P M )   w a s   d i s c a r d e d   b y   t h e   o p e r a t i n g   s y s t e m   l o a d e r . 

T h e   T r u s t e d   P l a t f o r m   M o d u l e   ( T P M )   h a s   l o c k e d   o u t   a c c e s s   t o   B i t L o c k e r   k e y s   u n t i l   t h e   s y s t e m   i s   r e b o o t e d .

Y o u   m u s t   s u p p l y   a   B i t L o c k e r   r e c o v e r y   p a s s w o r d   t o   s t a r t   t h i s   s y s t e m . 

W i n d o w s   B o o t   M a n a g e r   ( S e r v e r   I P :   < x s l : v a l u e - o f   s e l e c t = " . " / > )          

< < < O b s o l e t e > > >0!0

Edited by Bobbinet, 12 November 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#10 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,575 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

Bootmgr.exe uses the on-disk stored BCD to boot. In the BCD is specified which OS loads and how it loads. At this point, since you seem to have an issue with your installation, I'd recommend you to do a full reformat of the drive, then reinstall, then post back with logs and give me a status update. From there, please don't change things yourself, but post back here instead.

The problem with disabling services is not new, I've heard others complain about it, and without checking, I believe it had to do with some manjfacturer's software that sets this.

regards, Elise

animinionsmalltext.gif

#11 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

How can I reformat the drive? I can't boot to the cd. I have no permissions to change things. I came for help. I don't think you understand my problem. To format I need permission. To reinstall I need to boot from drive. 

#12 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Is there anything I can try to use to get into safe mode or get the cd drive to load at boot.? Or delete this partition? or get back admin rights? 

#13 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,575 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hello, 

First of all my apologies for the reply, I must have missed the notification. Please feel free to send me a PM next time it takes me more than 48 hours to reply to you.

To format a computer you need access to its HD, not permission. Outside Windows permissions aren't used. If you boot from the Windows disk, you have permission to erase/format/reformat all disks available. Since you mention you can't boot from the CD, lets start there, what happens when you try? Does it attempt to load or does it completely ignore the disk.

BTW, if you tried to run the windows installation under Windows, then after the reboot in setup try to delete a partition, you'll not be allowed, that is normal, because Windows wants to preserve the settings on that partition.

regards, Elise

animinionsmalltext.gif

#14 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

I tried several times to boot to cd and had luck finally! BUT.. Ok, at first everything was just how Vista should be. I unplugged the router for the install and setup. I did what I always do. I went to services and disabled everything that Has to do with remote and sharing. Services was the correct for vista. I set my firewall as I like it. I went into event viewer to check for errors. LOTs of info, some errors and warnings. I noticed one that said new OS awaiting boot. 
Ok so tired, went to bed. Router off all night. Daughter turned it back on in the morning but I had not set up wifi yet. Turned it on. It would not boot. I did f12 and system restore. I had saved two since install one before changes and one after. It loaded to the after. It had the new OS installed. I restored it to the first one, which was the vista I remember. BUT it was altered too. The last I used my pen drive it still had programs on it. Today they are gone. I would like to try to run some from a flash drive for you but what would show this?

#15 Bobbinet

Bobbinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

I wish I had a way to show you the workings that are on the computer this topic is about. (I am on my daughters right now). This is NOT the real Vista. There is 3 drives. C:, D: and E:. The Main hard drive, the CD/DVD, and the USB. Looking at the properties on each one, they ALL have the same hardware and drivers. Everything is involved in Remote Access, and Peer to Peer. There is three times the amount of services running under services. The font is different, the icons are different too. Gmer could not be ran, it would freeze the computer. It showed root-kit activity, and they would pop up a window suggesting a full scan. I would accept and it started to list and then the freeze. I tried not accepting it also and it ran a bit longer but still froze. 
My daughters dell, is a mini 10. I went to run a Microsoft security Essentials. It took 4 hours to complete. When it finished it showed "OS X" in the lower left corner in a black box. I thought that was for Apple products? She does have a iPad and it is all the time communicating with this windows 7 laptop. A few months back she had 11 severe infections of backdoor's and Trojans. Malwarebytes took care of them. It used to take a couple hours to run a full scan. Now it takes under 4 minutes...
The AT&T router we have just spreads infections from laptop to laptop. This is getting ridiculous! Being bed bound this is my only joy. Not any longer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users