Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikelivia

mikelivia

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

Sorry everybody for all these posts i have had lately. Im in the middle of getting a new computer and fixing a older one. Well it seems this one just doesnt want to work. I have done windows update several times and each time the following updates do not install. Security Update for Windows Media Player Plug-in (KB911564)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914798)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 8 for Windows XP (KB911565)

I am not sure why some of the updates would work and some wouldent. any ideas ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

Have you tried to update to Windows 10?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

What is this? = Have you tried to update to Windows 10?

Oh well, If you want to know why they do not update you have to go back to Windows Update and when going thru you have to stop at the screen that has the scan buttons on it. At this screen you go to the left side and click on Review Your Update History. The screen on the right will change and you will see your update history.

Find the failed update and left click on the little red symbol with an X in the middle and you will get a boc with information like below:

Installation Failure

Error Code: 0x80200013
Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources.

For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup

For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for issues related to getting updates)

This is how you find out why the updates failed and jsut copy and paste the 0x80200013 code to Google and do a search and you will get a page like this one

http://www.kbalertz.com/kbNamed_910337/910337.aspx

You can do this with each one.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:58 PM

Sorry everybody for all these posts i have had lately. Im in the middle of getting a new computer and fixing a older one. Well it seems this one just doesnt want to work. I have done windows update several times and each time the following updates do not install. Security Update for Windows Media Player Plug-in (KB911564)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914798)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 8 for Windows XP (KB911565)

I am not sure why some of the updates would work and some wouldent. any ideas ?

If you are runnig XP on this machine why are you fooling around with media player 8? Uninstall it and go for media player 10.

If this is XP, do have SP2 installed?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:20 AM

If you are runnig XP on this machine why are you fooling around with media player 8? Uninstall it and go for media player 10.

Why uninstall MP 8 just download the media p;ayer 10 and install or go thru Windows Update and install thru there. His question is not pertaining to this but to why certain updates do not install. The route I took him thru shows how to find this out.

#6 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:19 PM

thanks guys ill try that. Reason is i just reformatted my computer so everything is back to before these updates. Ill try this all out and see how it works. this computer is being such a pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users