Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

zero access trojan?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 rrgone

rrgone

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hi all,

There were continual pop ups and various video adds starting on my wife's pc. Most of them said Arcade Safari somewhere in the ads. I removed arcade safari from her pc and then ran MBAM full scan. MBAM found nothing but then I noticed that the firewall in McAfee was off and would not restart. My wife called McAfee and they ran a remote check of some kind and said thet the Windows firewall was missing and there was a virus that was preventing McAfee firewall from starting. They want $$$ to remove the virus remotely. I asked what the name of virus is and was told it is Zero Access Trojan. They also said I would be unable to remove it myself even if they emailed the instructions to me! I am hoping you all can help us!

The pc is a Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7. Thanks for looking in. Really appreciate what you folks do! :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hello rrgone

We should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rrgone

rrgone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hi boopme, thanks for your help. I cannot d/l dds.com to the infected pc. Just get this message: dds.com contained a virus and was deleted. My wife says that she has seen that message before when trying to d/l other stuff. Should I try to save dds to a thumb drive and then attempt to run it from there on the infected pc?

Edited by rrgone, 03 November 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hi rrgone -

Please try the best that you can to post a DDS log, but if this will not run, still post your new topic and explain your problems, and add why DDS would not run. We do see this message on a regular basis.

The sooner you post it, the sooner you can be attended to :)

This is not unusual, and the Experts have other tools they can use -

Thank You -

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Thank you...

As you now have help.
To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users