Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Internet Radio.....is It Any Good?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saraveza408

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:58 PM

Im wondering what everyone thinks about internet radio???And if I can get some suggestions on a good FREE internet radio option for my XP Pro????Preferably one that wont slow my internet surfing down.Please & Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Silver_beetle

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:19 AM

You mean something other than Media Player? Personally, I think 'net radio is fine, as long as you don't care about quality or interruptions. I think it sounds worse than AM radio, frankly, but content-wise, well, the sky's the limit!

As for slowing down your surfing, you really have to have oodles of bandwidth for it NOT to slow things down. With cable or T1 connections, the slowdown might not be bad, but anything less, radio should be the only thing you're doing on the 'net, unless you don't mind the slowdowns. Also, surfing while listening will cause breaks in the audio stream.

Long story short: if you have cable or T1, go for it. Otherwise, be prepared. Media Player is good, WinAmp is also good, and features plug-ins for other audio formats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users