Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VPN issue for one particular colleague

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fnanfne

fnanfne

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi there.

I'm on my mobile so I'll try and keep this succinct while giving as much Info as I initially can.

We have Lenovo laptops in our business all with a standard setup. One particular colleague is simply unable to connect to our corporate VPN and I've tried literally everything I could think of. Everyone else in our organisation are connecting fine so the VPN server is up and working.

Interesting thing is that this colleague started experiencing problems as soon as he joined a new ISP. This ISP is called Comcast and based in the US. I've read some anecdotes that they are blocking VPN but this is not substantiated on their website.

Anyway, I asked him to try and connect from another network/ISP and sure enough, he could connect to our VPN with no problems at all from a Starbucks. Technicians at Comcast are adamant they do not block VPN but that they also don't support VPN setup and VPN Application support which is totally fine, that's what my job is for. Though recall our VPN works as everyone else connects fine.

I've gone so far as to open port 1723 (TCP) for both directions on her router though I know this is gratuitous as I've never had to do this on the client side, this is a requisite on the server, not the client right? Am I missing something simple or perhaps something intricate?

-Windows 7 32bit
-Standard client VPN setup through Windows
-Xfinity router by Comcast ISP

Thanks for reading

Steven

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users