Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with buying a macbook

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hi

I'm looking to buy a Macbook laptop. I was thinking about an Air as they weigh less, but I'm not sure which Macbook is best.

I plan to do some video editing. Not sure how much, but I can always use a Windows desktop for editing (bigger) videos if needed. If editing I wouldn't really have any other windows open.

Mostly I would just be using to surf the Internet (I always have at least a few windows open) and probably using Microsoft Office at times.

I need it to be lightweight.

I was considering a 2013 Macbook Air with 4gb ram but have been reading that it may not be good enough and that you can't upgrade it.

However, i want to buy the MBA off Amazon and they don't seem to have the 8GB RAM version. Looking at the MBP though the prices seem much higher and I don't want to be spending over £1000 on it.

So would the 4GB ram be enough? Or is there an 8GB ram MBA hidden somewhere on Amazon (UK)? Should I consider the pro and if so which is the cheapest version that would be suitable?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users