Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a virus or Malware that has changed the language on my HP desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IT4cabletv

IT4cabletv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

I wish I could send a screenshot from the actual computer but I am unable to.  I am a long time member/lurker professional IT Network Administrator and am fairly well versed in Malware removal.

This is a new one to me. On of my staff members notified me that the language on her desktop had changed to either a Russian or Egyption  Herogliphics type of language.

This makes removal extremely difficult as you have to remember places and where things are since you cannot read anything in English.  So far I have I have successfully run Malware bytes

have not seen any changes to the computer. I am going to try Combo fix next. if anyone has a removal device for this type of virus/malware please let me know.  I will try to do a screen shot

and save to my USB drive and post that if possible so that the members can see for themselves this could be a real menace if it goes Virual.  no pun intended.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

In cases like this one your best option would be to take a look at the computer from the outside using a tool like FRST.

However FRST is only allowed in malware removal forum so you should start new topic there.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users