Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Office Pro 2010 Outlook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jffrantz

jffrantz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

I just finished a long session with a good IT guy who rescued my computer, got rid of some malware--and thank goodness. But a while after he left I noticed that opening Outlook was stopped and under "show help" was the following message:

This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the offline Outlook Data File (.ost) is in use by the console session.
To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session, and then start a new session by using the following Run command in Microsoft Windows:
mstsc.exe /CONSOLE
You must be an administrator on the computer that is accessing the console session. You cannot access a console session from a computer running Microsoft Windows XP Home edition. But you can do so from a computer running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.

First I was wondering if I should do what it says. Or if it would be better and safer to uninstal and then reinstal MS Office?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 02 November 2013 - 12:48 PM.
Moved from XP to Business Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jffrantz

jffrantz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I don't have any idea how "2012L" appeared in my title. I wrote 2010

as in MS Office 2010

Edited by hamluis, 02 November 2013 - 12:47 PM.
Fixed - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users