Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is Blocking My "Interactive" Type Sign In's?????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 driz

driz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

I am referring specificly to my Amazon Prime and Vanguard Brokerage account sign in's.    I have W 7 and an old HP G56 that has worked better than any computer I ever had.   This happened rather suddenly and I did recently have a battle with a huge blast of Malware / virus troubles.    All that is cleared up thanks to lots of scans with AVG , Malwarebytes and Spybot SD.   For some reason this little thing has come along.    

I sign into either Amazon or vanguard and I go as far as the security authentication screen fine.   Type in password and NOTHIN.   The button doesn't move or change and it;s as though it isn't there, nothing at all .   No new window, tab or reaction of any sort.   The same goes with Amazon.   I can sign on fine but the minute I try to check out with the cart it hits the shipping choice screen it just starts clocking, indefinitely.  

My wifes laptop works fine in these areas as does my smartphone.     Currently I have AVG Free, ANVI Smart Defender,  Malwarebytes Free and SPybot  on the machine.   I should have mentioned I use Firefox latest edition and have unchecked the ADBLOCK tab.   I also shut down the firewall temporarily which did nothing although I did not reboot and try it that way.   

I give up at this point.  Surely there is some program or setting that I inadvertantly tripped but right now I have absolutely no clue what to try next.  Any brilliant ideas?   I just want to coax old faithful till I can snatch another Black Friday deal.    

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

To try to define the problem...have you tried a different browser?

Reset the settings on your current browser?

Louis

#3 driz

driz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yup, the browser update did it apparently.     Funny, I tried every trick in my book and never thought to update the browser.    Whatever was going on it was affecting IE as well since I tried that once quickly.    Anyways, it's gone and things are working fine again so I'm happy.  

FWIW I have noticed that Firefox in it's last year or so's forms has gone down hill .    I especially hate the forever or not at all history choices.    I had seen previously how badly those forever history settings can drag a computer down when I worked for the Govt.   When you have one that's on it's last legs  it's just enough to start to matter.     Thanks for the advice.   

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

You did the work :), happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users