Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird error message on automotive site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dakotaboy

dakotaboy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Playing with the website for Jeep vehicles, tried to do a build and price, got error message.  Did a screen print, which shows the following:

Apache Tomcat/6.0.29 - Error report

HTTP Status 404 - /hostc/bmo/CUJ201408/-9741*sfxd*662f7626-8085-72a9-9d60-3af5f2619918-53d*sfxd*disableWs.js

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type status report

message HTTP Status 404 - /hostc/bmo/CUJ201408/-9741*sfxd*662f7626-8085-72a9-9d60-3af5f2619918-53d*sfxd*disableWs.js

description  The requested resource (HTTP Status 404 - /hostc/bmo/CUJ201408/-9741*sfxd*662f7626-8085-72a9-9d60-3af5f2619918-53d*sfxd*disableWs.js) is not available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/6.0.29

I was previously able to access this website with no issues.  My computer is an HP Envy, I7 6-core processor, Windows 8, I.E. 10.  I am running Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security.  It is up to date and has found no issues.

I have had similar though less complicated issues on other automotive websites, i.e., Error 404, web page not available.  I access these websites through my favorites.  I tried accessing directly from search, had the same issues.

Does this have to do with my computer or with the websites themselves (several???)?  Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

it is a missing javascript file, nothing to do with you.

#3 dakotaboy

dakotaboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

I suspect it's more than that.  I get the 404 error message on EVERY automotive site I visit. In addition, I got it at another, non- automotive, site.  Also, I have a Nook reader with internet capability.  I am able to navigate the automotive sites with no problems on the Nook.  I suspect some sort of virus, an issue with I.E., a software conflict or file issue, or some other issue with my computer.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

ah, ok... is a javascript error in your browser.

Reset your browser

You may lose saved passwords, plugins etc. doing this. Be aware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users