Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need advice on creating a web site

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Angusfr

Angusfr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

For the past number of years I’ve been working on a catalogue of video files. My intention has always been for a home to be a web site and for the various files to be free to download. Visitors would be invited to upload their relevant video and in due course the contributions would be added to what I’ve completed.

I’ve planned my web-site, I’ve bought the name and I now need advice on how to create and administer it!

Ok the site might bomb and end of story, but I obviously need to plan for success. I don’t want a situation where someone says oh great idea but I can do this a lot better and swiftly download all my material and go ahead and do that!!

I feel there’s certainly something of worth and if done right it will take legs. I also feel that a forum would be very popular and actually essential. But that’s me complicating things even further! And how would the forum be moderated?!

If there's someone out there I can end up trusting then they're certainly more than well taken care of if the site works.

I'm looking for all the advice I can get. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users