Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jlwhit

jlwhit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

After removing some spyware recently, windows installer now trys to re-install Norton Antivirus whenever I boot up. This message appairs right after the Windows Installer activates: Norton Antivirus does not support the repair feature. Please uninstall & reinstall. Also, when I am in Internet Explorer, it trys to Re-install Front Page when I click on an option while on a website.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

Usually it is down to an in-complete install

Have you tried uninstalling it ? and then re-installing?

edit: i do not use Norton but if you are unsure how to remove it see this post

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...34671&hl=norton

Edited by Matt169, 30 April 2006 - 04:25 PM.

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

Here is how to remove Norton 2004 and newer and you do not even have to go to add/remove programs.

How to Fully Remove Norton 2004 and newer
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42247/how-to-completely-remove-norton-security-products/

Tools Needed = * SymNRT.exe click on this in red and it will download.

as for the front page if you do not use it uninstall it, if you use it and have the install disk start thru the install and chose repair if it shows up otherwise reinstall it to its default location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users