Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pages Not Loading Completely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zcar

Zcar

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

This problem has been plagueing my computer for a week or so now.  Using My Way as a home page and it ocassionally (more often then not) fails to load all the modules and the activity indicator on the tab will blink indicating that it is still searching or waiting to load something.  Clicking the stop loading icon will, of course, halt the downloading but the modules are still missing.  Closing and reopening Firefox or using the refresh icon will, most of the time get everything downloaded.  The page refreshes itself every few minutes to keep the news modules updated and the missing modules issue will return.  Same thing is happening with some web pages that will either be completely blank or partially loaded.  Closing the page and re-slecting will usually bring up a fully loaded site.  I thought it might be a Firefox problem until the same thing happened with IE11.  Sometimes a video on You Tube or embedded in a forum post will play for a minute or more and then stop and usually refreshing or closing and returning won't get it going past the stop point.

I don't know where to begin troubleshooting.  I don't know if it is an ISP problem, internet problem, or a problem in Windows 8.1.  I only have two extensions enabled in Firefox (Colorful Tabs and Cookie Culler) neither of which have caused a problem in the past and I hardly ever open IE11.

Would appreciate any thoughts or ideas on where to begin looking .........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Simpson524

Simpson524

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

HI,

Try these Steps.

Open Tool Options and Select Compatibility View Settings- Under Add this Website- enter the URL Of the Site you want to Add and check

Try this as Well

Open IE Options- Select Advanced Tab and Uncheck the Option " Enable Enhanced Protection Mode "

Let me Know If this Worked Out for you.

Simpson

#3 Zcar

Zcar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hello Simpson.  I cannot find a compatibility view setting in Firefox.  The problem is one that is difficult to pinpoint since it is random and I can't "cause" it to happen.  Sometimes the pages load quickly and correctly and sometimes they don't.  Everything was fine till I installed Windows 8.1 which has caused another issue regards sleep mode. 

#4 Simpson524

Simpson524

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Try to Check If the Video Drivers are Up to Date and Also Please Try to Do the Necessary Changes In IE as Suggested Above- Cause Some times Firefox Will Rely On the Settings- Might Work... No Harm in Trying :):)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users