Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'BAD IMAGE' things keep popping out on my laptop, what should i do?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kurlymee

Kurlymee

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

so, my laptop is dell inspiron. i3, windows 7 home basic 64-bit, 4096MB RAM, etc etc.

few hours ago, i open my antivirus (eset) and open the 'quarantine' file, and then i decided to delete it, i feel hesitant so i open google and it says 'we should keep things on quarantine, hands off it' and i feel i've made mistake.

then i restarted my computer and every .exe program i opened, the 'BAD IMAGE' comes out, i'm frustated. i watched videos on youtube, and i saw that we should system restore it? i did it for 5 times and it didn't work out. please help me! i've been asking everyone i know but none of them knows how :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Win7?s no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall - by Fred Langa

#3 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

i should re install? all of it?

#4 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

should i reinstall all of it? isn't it too risky? any easier way?? :/

#5 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

When you’ve finished with those instructions, "you have a fully refreshed, up-to-date copy of Windows with all your essential files, settings, and programs intact and working. In fact, if all has gone as planned, the only significant change you’ll notice is that the original problem is gone!"

--

Have you tried using Windows' "System Restore" to roll Windows back to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly? It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

Microsoft.com > Windows 7

Edited by SpywareDoc, 01 November 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#6 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

When you’ve finished with those instructions, "you have a fully refreshed, up-to-date copy of Windows with all your essential files, settings, and programs intact and working. In fact, if all has gone as planned, the only significant change you’ll notice is that the original problem is gone!"

can you help me with the easier thing? im not really good at english and the instrustion is too long

#7 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

--

Have you tried using Windows' "System Restore" to roll Windows back to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly? It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

Microsoft.com > Windows 7

i already did the system restore 5 times it didn;t work out

#8 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Next step: Win7's no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall - by Fred Langa

#9 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

where should i put all my files?

#10 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hello Kurlymee, and welcome to BC! :)

'BAD IMAGE' comes out, i'm frustated.

Could you tell me (or take a screenshot) what the bad image looks like, or write down the error message for me?

We need to know exactly what this message is, if you don't want to follow SpywareDoc's suggestion!

Also, please let us know if you have your original Windows Installation CD available?

bloopie

#11 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Simply leave them where they are. As I pointed out above, all of your files, settings, and programs will still be there.

#12 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Could you tell me (or take a screenshot) what the bad image looks like, or write down the error message for me?

We need to know exactly what this message is, if you don't want to follow SpywareDoc's suggestion!

Also, please let us know if you have your original Windows Installation CD available?

bloopie

it's a bad image. it appears everytime i open .exe files. and yes, i have the cd, please help... im so scared to turn my laptop and see those bad image pop up 

#13 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

Simply leave them where they are. As I pointed out above, all of your files, settings, and programs will still be there.

can i ask you a thing? what about fonts, and apps? so here, i got an apps, which keeps my songs in one player, it has plenty of plugin which i love. what if im reformat? will it be there?

#14 Kurlymee

Kurlymee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

bloopie

1379597_674113965946360_726384065_n.jpg

#15 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

can i ask you a thing? what about fonts, and apps? so here, i got an apps, which keeps my songs in one player, it has plenty of plugin which i love. what if im reformat? will it be there?

As I pointed out above, if you follow Fred Langa's "Win7's no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall" instructions, all of your files, settings, and programs will still be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users