Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Randomly Restarts Computer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:18 PM

Hey, i have this problem when my game restarts my computer anytime im on my game {star wars bf2} on any map.
it has recently only done it. But i have had a new motherboard:
ASRock 939 Dual-sata2 with a AMD Athlon 64 3500 x2 i think. http://www.asrock.com/product/939Dual-SATA2.htm
If it is something with my motherboard then i do not know what :thumbsup: i do have all the right spefications for the game but it doesn't it restarts my computer :flowers:

Edited by F4R7TZ, 30 April 2006 - 02:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:28 PM

Can you supply more than just your CPU and MoBo info? Such as your vid card and your Power Supply rating? Maybe it's sucking too much than your Power Supply can handle. It might just be your Hardware.

Edited by legoman786, 30 April 2006 - 08:29 PM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:48 AM

I have windows xp pro.
ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card {is compatible with game}
direct x 9.0c
1024 mb
and as i said evrything {above} is compatible with the game and my power supply erm.... should be ok :thumbsup:??

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:42 AM

A guess is that it is overheating. You should clean the interior of your PC.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:31 AM

well i do no tthink it is overheating becasue:
1. It was all cleaned out about 2-3 weeks ago
2. it doesn't feel hot RAM,motherboard,graphics
3.Everything else seems to be worknig in order and from the past when my computer was overheating it happened with games but also with dvds etc.
I did however, get some information from this website http://www.robpol86.com/Pages/imagecfg.php but i cannot get it to work {unless im doing soemthing wrong} but i do have a dual core CPU which i read from a differnt wedsite {sorry cannot find it history/google} which said to just command 1 to work or something like {not exact casue it was a while back} :thumbsup:

#6 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:38 AM

Did you update your drivers? Did you update your BIOS? Try Speedfan for temps.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#7 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:40 AM

Yeah i updated all my driver for my graphics + stuff for my motherbaord and still doesn't work :thumbsup: ???? + my speed is average.

#8 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:49 AM

Ok, I'm just stuck... I really don't know how to help anymore. What I can do is point you to a website where these guys know the ASRock MoBo inside and out. Overclock.net ASRock Page, you'd probably might want to register first.

- Rick Cook

#9 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:06 PM

Kk thanks anyway :thumbsup:

#10 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful

- Rick Cook

#11 Kaspian

Kaspian

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

It could be your power supply. Random re-starts like that its a sign that your power supply its just not supplying enough juice to your system. Try swapping out the current power supply that you have with a reliable one and see what happens. Just make sure the one that you swap out with its better than the one you have installed right now. If it was a overheating problem your system would just lock up.
I hope this helps. If not just keep posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users