Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is ebibookreader.3j? !!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kranklebird

kranklebird

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hello again Nasdaq and Boopme, hope all is well.  I am very grateful for your site and for your effort recently to get my machine back to where it's singing again for the first time in months.  You guys are the heroes in keeping people going online, often I imagine for those who need their computers for work and stuff.  Just want to let you know the fact that you and your colleagues do this for free is recognized and highly appreciated.  I am sure that God is constantly smiling for you and that you have pleasant and good karma because of it. :)

There is one silly file that seems to be hanging around called EBI Bookreader.  I don't ever see any useful book reader pop up, nor do I even know what this program does.  It's in the Documents folder, next to Bluetooth Exchange folder.  Here's a link from Microsoft on how to get rid of it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-do-i-remove-this-program-since-i-do-not-speak/05e1ef26-c4df-4d34-922f-d87b68c452ab?msgId=ce1e609e-5e05-472b-aca1-c909ea2f5a91

Within above link is this suggested link on how to do a clean boot to troubleshoot it.  However if the program isn't in the installed list of programs, and if it's not being seen by Revo Uninstaller, is the below link a waste of time, and/or is there a better way to get rid of this program?  (I think it MIGHT have come with my Asus laptop since it's showing up with Asus in internet search results.)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

This may have been included as part of the original install of ASUS. If the install was Japanese, then Yes 100%, otherwise just another annoying little item to remove or leave as you see fit -

ebi.BookReader . The most popular version of this product among our users is 3.7. The name of the program executable file is ebi.BookReader3J.exe.

Thank You -

#3 kranklebird

kranklebird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Thanks.  How do I get rid of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users