Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"New Laptop" issues continued. Pt. 2!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jinkking

jinkking

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I posted on here back in August, about my BSOD laptop. This issue was resolved, and I have since had no issues. That is till the last week.

First it began with screen flickering whenever I log in. It will boot up fine and quick. Right when I get to the log in portion, it's fine as well. I put in my password and then the screen will flicker rapidly before going onto my account. Afterwards, there's absolutely no issues.

Then two days ago, I noticed a rather long black flicker-worried my laptop was going to either a) crash, or B) screen death, I panicked for all of two seconds before my desktop came on. At first I didn't notice anything, then caught on that my screen was significantly dimmer. Not in an entirely obnoxious way, more like when you unplug your laptop, and it's preserving power way, which is why it took me several minutes to figure out why my screen was bothering me.

I thought maybe it's unplugged. It wasn't.

Perhaps it's just the brightness dimmed. It's not that either.

I have a really sour feeling one of the back lights is busted and now I'll need to dish out even MORE cash just to repair that. And I'll be honest, I don't want to take it to my local best buy, because they usually find just "one more thing wrong" with it, that wasn't actually an issue. Or insist on putting on an anti-virus I don't want. And I've never had any great experience with laptops there.

Any suggestions or ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Flickering of any sort would seemingly point to the graphics/video function, IMO.

Have you tried uninstalling the current drivers, then reinstalling same?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users