Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove tsassist.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 griffith

griffith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Hi, I have suffered the same problem with (what turned out to be) tsassist.exe. This little beuty resulted in all my browsers being hijacked by some stuff called Dojo and SearchGoI. It was offering Skype updates at the time. I got rid of them but it has re-appeared offering updates to Audacity, CCleaner and others.

I have maneged to get rid of it again with some help from InBay, the support company I use, but I am not convinced this is a perfect fix.

First, can I ask a favouur? If you guys do get to a definitive fix that can be handlednby mere mortals like me, could it be published in some way on Bleeping Computer? I'm a BC newbie, so I'm sure you do this as a matter of course.

Second, tsassist seems to be a product of Avant software. If this is a supposedly legit software company, whose product is helping to distribute malware, shouldn't we be naming and shaming? I may be being unfair or premature, but they seem to be the culprits. All views and guidance (newbie, remeber?) welcome

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

To get rid of tsassist.exe uninstall File Type Assistant.

That has nothing to do with redirection.

You must have some other issues.

If you still need help let me know.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users