Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely slow post-infection, works okay in Safe Mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jskillman88

Jskillman88

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm currently doing my boyscout best to repair the work laptop of a friend of a friend of mine. It had some virus-related issues, so I ran malwarebytes. It worked, but afterwards the laptop began presenting a new issue. It's extremely slow, and within about 2 minutes gets so bogged down it simply freezes. It functions fine in safe mode, I'm actually on it right now.

I posted originally in the vista forums (it's vista 32bit), and was asked to come here with logs from ComboFix and dds.

I'm sorry I'm not more specific or helpful. If you need any additional information, I'll respond with it as quickly as possible. If needed, I can copy and paste the contents of these logs into a reply instead of having them as attachments.

Attached File  attach.txt   5.61KB   0 downloads

Attached File  dds.txt   14.67KB   1 downloads

Attached File  log.txt   13.06KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jskillman88

Jskillman88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ok it's back up to speed. I uninstalled avast and ran combofix another time (combofix mentioned something about avast potentially interfering with it). After that, it was operational, so I ran windows update and another scanner, and it was back to normal!

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users