Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loading a DOS program without floppy discs.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bastie

Bastie

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm interested in installing/using 'DrawPerfect for DOS 1.1' in WinXP/Sp3 because it a has a unique (?) way of drawing circles - namely by selecting the centre and adjusting the radius. WinXP/SP3 copes perfectly well with running the sister program WordPerfect for Dos v5.1, so I expect that DrawPerfect would do so likewise. The DrawPerfect program installed from several Floppy discs. I no longer have the discs, but I had copied the files from them into one folder on C:\. If I click on Install.exe, it eventually instructs me to put the first floppy disc into Drive C. I would like guidance on how I can progress from this point, since I have no record of what the contents of disc #1 were, nor how to point the installer to them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hi

If i understand correctly, the program setup is simply trying to search for the installation files on the root of partition. Please try the below steps. It may work.

1. Plug a USB pendrive and format it to FAT.
  2. Copy all the files from installation folder to the root of USB flash drive (don't copy the folder itself but only the files inside it).
  3. Run the setup.

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

what anshad said, you can also use a program like Easy USB 123, which will allow you to make any type of USB you want in almost any version. 

Also buring to a several DVDs will work too.

Sometimes with old multiple disks during a rope install, (meaing one disk after another, WIndows will ask you for the next disk, which it wants to mount and install, search disk emulator for installs if that is the case.  Depends on system, build, OS, etc.etc. 

good luck

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users