Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update Video Card?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:01 PM

I've been trying to play Halo a while now but it says my video hardware is lower than recomeneded.
These are the minimum requirements:
• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me), Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows XP.
• Computer/Processor: 733 megahertz (MHz) processor.
• DirectX: DirectX® 9.0 or later. (DirectX 9.0b is installed by Halo.)
• Memory: 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM.
• Hard Disk: 1.2 gigabytes (GB) of free hard disk space.
• Video card: 32 MB with 3D Transform and Lighting capable.
• CD: 8X.
• Sound: Sound card, speakers, or headphones with multiplayer play.
• *56.6 Kilobytes per second (KBps) modem or 10 MB network adapter. Multiplayer servers require broadband to run a server.
• *Additionally, you must have an Internet Service provider (ISP) or a Local Area Network (LAN), if you want to play multi-player games.

It says my machine info is:
1900MHz, 192 MB, 64M VIA KM400 (0x2705)

Is it possilbe to update my video card to the requirements? If you need anymore info please ask.
Thanks.
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

You're going to have to buy a card. It seems as if you have an onboard card. The slot you're looking for is an AGP slot. It's kind of off-set from the PCI slots and is the closest to the CPU. Also, you'd might want to invest in increasing the RAM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:13 AM

I agree with legoman. Bump your RAM up to 512mb minimum and a 128mb nVidia based video card minimum. When you look at the motherboard you should have several PCI slots. They should be white. Do you have a single brown slot next to the first PCI slot closest to the processor?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:21 AM

Do you have a single brown slot next to the first PCI slot closest to the processor?

AGP slots sometimes come in green. I know for a fact that Dell makes them green.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#5 PurpleSky

PurpleSky

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:33 PM

whats your OS ?

Edited by PurpleSky, 01 May 2006 - 12:35 PM.

#6 Nat Sci

Nat Sci
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:44 PM

I use HP Pavillion a845w. And is there a way to increse RAM without buying a product etc.?

Edited by Nat Sci, 02 May 2006 - 09:48 PM.

Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

#7 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

No, it's not possible to increase RAM without purchasing a product.

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users