Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web pages begin to load then stall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FrogmanMickey

FrogmanMickey

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

After years of troublefree internet use, lately I am having trouble accessing most web sites.  The page begins to load then stalls for a time before loading the remainder of the page.  Some pages stall for a longer time than others. Pages with videos such as YouTube take a long time to begin playing the video.  When a web page has stalled, the little circling arrow in the tab goes round and round. Some pages such as Google don't stall at all, but those are the exception.  Most pages will eventually load but sometimes they time out without loading.  I am running Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 9 as the browser on a Toshiba P755-S5390 laptop.  I connect wirelessly through an ASUS RT-N56U router. I have rebooted the router and the cable modem provided by my ISP (Astound) however, my wife's laptop does not have this problem so I don't suspect the router or modem.  I typically run the browser inside a sandbox using Sandboxie 3.62 (64 bit), but the problem is the same even if I run IE9 directly.  I have run CCleaner on the hard drive and registry. SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes did not find any malware. I have McAfee antivirus protection installed.  I have run a Speakeasy speed test and found the download speed and upload speed to be 15.26/2.03 respectively.  I have HJT and ran an analysis but I don't know enough about the results to know if anything needs fixing.  I did note several (file missing) entries.  I have not attempted to fix anything with HJT. I was hoping someone could offer some suggestions to try or look at a HJT log to see what might be hanging up the web pages.  Thanks

Frogman Mickey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users