Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ar.voicefive popup won't go away

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mckue

mckue

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hello,

A few days ago, I had a pop-up from ar.voicefive. I googled it and it turned out to be a browser hijacker. I don't know where it could've came from because my laptop is only used for school purposes as well as watching Netflix. I don't download things unless they are school related from my school website. I've followed the steps in this forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461780/arvoicefivecom/

but it hasn't seemed to stop. The popups actually increased. Please help! I want to stop this before it gets worst.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Did you run Combofix ??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 mckue

mckue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yes, I ran Mbam and Combofix. It hasn't seemed to stop the popups.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

ok....just hang on there...a Mod will move your topic to the Virus Removal area, and you will receive further advice there.

Be Patient.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hello mckue and welcome to BC :welcome:

First I'd like to state for your benefit and all our readers that one should NOT follow malware removal instructions posted for someone else, particularly instructions posted in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. This is because those instructions are crafted for specific user's computer with it's unique mix of hardware, software, and yes - malware. Additionally, even though symptoms are the same, the cause may be different. Following instructions posted for someone else can turn one's computer into an expensive doorstop. I've seen it happen.

That said, I'm not moving this topic. Instead, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them. Please DO NOT run ComboFix again unless instructed to do so by a malware response team member.

If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues. Please be sure to include a link to this topic in your new one.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 mckue

mckue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users