Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File transfers to mapped network drive do not complete

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seehazy

seehazy

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Two computers. Client machine is Windows 7 Ultimate. Server machine is Windows Server 2012 Essentials.  They communicate via a gigabit switch connected using Cat6 cables. Both NICs are gigabit capable. IP configuration seems fine and they are both on the same subnet.

I have mapped a network drive (shared folder) from server to client. Administrator credentials were used from server (when setting up the mapped network drive on client) and full read/write acces is granted. Network drive is mapped successfully and reconnects at logon with no problems. I have access to the network drive, the shared folder (and subfolders), and all files are visible.

I CANNOT TRANSFER/ COPY/ CUT FILES FROM CLIENT TO SERVER. The transfer initiates, takes a minute while it is "caclulating", and then shows a speed of approx. 22.7 KB/sec. The progress bar never moves and there is no estimated time for completion.

I need help. :smash:

Edited by seehazy, 30 October 2013 - 10:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 seehazy

seehazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

I can transfer very small files.  Anything in the tens or hunderds of kilobytes.

Any other files I have tried (say 300MB, or several GB, or even 20-40GB file transfers) do not successfully transfer. It is possible that if I sat on it for a week it might complete... but that is unacceptable.

I can read my server files just fine. Can watch large blu ray backups over my network on Win7 client. But I cannot move files!

Anyone have any ideas?

After a google search ("cannot transfer large files gigabit"), there seem to be many people that have encountered this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users