Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer not booting after several crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 undertothenight

undertothenight

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I have a custom built pc and randomly it started powering down without any reason. It would sometimes take hours before crashing other times immediately after power up. The mother board is an Asus sabertooth 990fx and the cpu an amd fx 8120. The motherboard red cpu led light is on. When I hit the power button the fans spin up, the drives turn on and nothing posts on the screen. The red led light just stays on and the fans keep spinning. Tested the ram, the graphics card is new and runs great. Pulled the cmos battery and left out for a bit. No idea what's wrong and only thing I can think of is the cpu died.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

I just read a bizarre case were a person took the components out of the tower
and bench tested it and it worked. Couldn't hurt to try.
(something about the case causing a short:Same board)

Edited by Roodo, 30 October 2013 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users