Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need advice or opinions on AV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaleMcDuck

DaleMcDuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

I am currently running Webroot SecureAnywhere along with Malwarebytes.  I am in the HR department and receive over 100 emails with attachments a day.  Most are resumes from outside the company.  We have Symantec running on our server and MSE on the workstations, but our network and workstations still get infected.   I have been lucky so far and have not been infected....yet.   Would it be a good idea to add another antivirus to run along with Webroot?  Is Webroot good enough to run with Malwarebytes by itself?  Or is there a better antivirus to run instead?  I am just concerned with my computer getting infected with something from the network or an email.  About 80% of our systems have been infected at one time or another.  I just don't want to be part of it.   I travel around a lot and hook up to our network at different locations.  I just want to be safe.  Any thoughts, advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. See the IMPORTANT NOTE in this topic:
Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

EXCEPTION: Mail servers, however, often run multiple anti-virus programs without incident since they are configured to only scan mail as it arrives and have most of their system protection and self-protection mechanisms turned off.

Choosing an Antivirus Solution for your Organization

You also may want to check out Emsisoft Business Products

Didier Stevens, Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Consumer Security may have some good suggestions if he sees this topic and replies. He has a lot of experience with network security.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 saint satin stain

saint satin stain

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

I have been lucky so far and have not been infected....yet.   Would it be a good idea to add another antivirus to run along with Webroot?  Is Webroot good enough to run with Malwarebytes by itself? 

I'd say you have more than luck. Webroot and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are good. You should consider adding Sandboxie and run your mail client sandboxed.

saint satin stain
Responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.
www.leftinalabama.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users