Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello in there!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LilBambi

LilBambi

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi folks,

I have been working with forums for many years and have been visiting BleepingComputer faithfully for a long time. I thought it was about time I joined!  :luke: It's important to fight against all that is going on these days in malware.

I was introduced to computers in 1986 on the CoCo. Later the 8088/8086 computers, and then progressing to where we are now over the yrs. I got into security related stuff very early on when I sent one of my daughters to high school with a write protected floppy disk (3.5" disk). She brought the disk home from school (after she had changed it to writable to make a change before printing the document on the school's laser printer - after telling her not to! When she got home, she didn't put it on the chair like I asked her to do. She put it in the computer's floppy drive. So when I booted up, I lost my Windows and DOS installation (my drive) to a boot sector virus. If I knew what I know now, I could have fixed that, but at that time, I really didn't. I hadn't come up against anything like that. The worst I had come up against is the benign Cookie jokeware. ;) I had read about some since a friend had gotten a floppy with the Stoned boot sector virus. I have no idea what kind of boot sector virus that high school network had, but it had something bad.

From there, I have been learning all I can about this crapware, malware, viruses, worms, trojans, etc. etc. 

My hubby introduced me to the computers in 1986 as I noted above, and he taught me to learn and he said I just took off running. In 1997, I was really enjoy computers a lot, and after learning all I could I had been also helping other people with their computer problems for several years, and they kept telling me I should start a business. So I did. I started a computer business and have been working at it since 1997.

I love computers and learning and keeping computer well and happy.

Anyway, it's great to finally be here.  :busy:

Bambi
AKA Fran
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users