Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Document opens in read only mode protected mode until...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Timedok

Timedok

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

I for one love a challenge.. ( to a point)

Have a newer computer here running Windows 7 with office 2010.  The user double clicks on an excel spreadsheet and up comes Excel as it should, and up comes the document.  All of the options are grayed out so it is either opening in read only mode or some sort of protected mode, I suspect the latter.

Here is the gotcha; if you move the document on the screen, or minimize it and maximize it, all is normal after that.  Currently scanning for VIRI but I don’t think I will find anything.

Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Sounds as though the document is not active until selected. But, this is only a guess on my part.

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users