Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Client Services For Netware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 carm6

carm6

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

Hi got a strange problem i cant fix? when i try to change my welcome screen i get a message come up as client services for netware has disabled my welcome screen. to restore this feature i must Uninstall client serives for netware. Now my quetion is how do i uninstall this anyone know? Thanks in advance Carm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:02 AM

A local-area network (LAN) operating system developed by Novell Corporation. NetWare is a software product that runs on a variety of different types of LANs, from Ethernets to IBM token-ring networks. It provides users and programmers with a consistent interface that is independent of the actual hardware used to transmit messages.

If you are on a network using this Netware and uninstall it you will no longer be able to access the network.

Is the actual Novell client software loading up or is this the built in Microsoft? If the Microsoft you can go into network properties and uninstall the Novell client stuff.

If its the Novell software just follow the instructions in the link. This is from Novell and goes thru some registry changes, care should be taken when doing registry changes and if done improperly could render your computer useless, I would suggest getting someone who is knowledgeable with the system registry to do this task if you think you will have problems with it.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/s...i?/10017336.htm

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

If you are sure Novell Client is not needed - click start - my network places. Right click the connection you are using and select properties. A new window will open - there should be a networking tab. Select the Novell Client software by clicking it and then click the uninstall button. That should rid you of Novell.

As an alternate, the newer versions of Novell have a "Workstation Only" box just below username/password fields. You can select workstation only and login as a windows station.

One note... if you are on a network in an office, I would speak with the admins before removing the software.

Hope this helps...

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 carm6

carm6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:33 PM

Thanks guys for the advice but i still haven't worked out how to disable this thing. I'm still getting a message come up as client services for netware has disabled my welcome screen :thumbsup: Can anyone give me a easy way to remove this? I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers so easy is better for me :flowers: thanks in advance. P.s this is my home pc so its not on any work network or anything thanks again

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode? Safe Mode Tutorial If you can do that, follow my above instructions to remove the client. There is also a Microsoft Novell Client services generic pack. You can see which one is loaded as soon as you can get into your system.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users