Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New To This Forum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thejunknetwork

thejunknetwork

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:37 AM

Hello:

I decided to be polite and introduce myself as suggested. I'm a geologist and work for the state gov't. somewhere in the Great Lakes Region of the USA. I specialize in environmental geology, especially things that are underground which seem to find their way into your water faucet...

If anyone has some general questions on that subject, I will answer you. The least I can do in return for asking questions about spurious things going on with my computer. Which I will leave to another forum.

The handle I use is the same on Ebay, I collect all sorts of "junk" especially Chevrolet vehicles from the 50s and 60s, and obsolete vaccume tube electronic equipment. Not to mention rocks, minerals, and fossils.

Cheers to all!
"The first rule of junknetworking is never assume that it will be there if you go back later to get it, because it will be gone when you do so"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 John Hunt

John Hunt

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:55 AM

Hi !
I also joined the forum today. And I've had a cheerful reception so far.

You have expressed an interest in electrical 'junk' so may I introduce you
to the site administrator of another forum I post on?
Mike's Electric Stuff

Posted Image
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.

If you would like to experience the wonderful world of distributed computing, go to
BOINCUK and Team Lookers

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:33 AM

Hello, thejunknetwork.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

#5 thejunknetwork

thejunknetwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:42 PM

Thanks Matt169 and tg1911 !

John, I'll take a look at Mike's Electric....but I'm going to the big Hamfest in Dayton, OH this month. Talk about junknetworking, if you can't find it at the swap meet, chances are it just is not available. :thumbsup:
"The first rule of junknetworking is never assume that it will be there if you go back later to get it, because it will be gone when you do so"

#6 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

Welcome to BC

:thumbsup:

Brian

#7 yano

yano