Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andy_gtfc

andy_gtfc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

I recently built my own custom build for the first time, and everytime seemed to be going fine. I managed to install the OS fine (all done on Saturday) and been on it a few times. However, last time I switched it on, it goes past the POST screen but then nothing shows up afterwards. Any idea on what I could have done wrong here?

Sorry details are a bit vague.

Ask for anymore questions that may solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RobinHoodSnr

RobinHoodSnr

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

...as soon as you turn on the pc, keep on tabbing the F8-key...and see if you can start in "Safe Mode"

Edited by RobinHoodSnr, 30 October 2013 - 07:04 AM.

...We all know something...but we will NEVER know everything :grinner:

Cryptlocker "Process" remover...will NOT delete Cryptolocker, only the processes...( a "safety precaution" I took for those who still want to "try" paying the ransom to get their files back. DON'T FORGET TO MONITOR YOUR TIME LEFT BEFORE PAYMENT! )

("KillCrypt" will automaticly open %appdatadir%...just guide this to Cryptolocker-Virus and double-click on it. Remember...if you "restart" your system, the processes will be back...use this only for emergencies if you want to create a quick document. While this processes is killed, your docs wont get infected, but WILL be encrypted (unusable) when you restart the PC/Laptop OR clicking on the Virus again!!!)

#3 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

If you are lucky and you havent dont much on the hard drive, you may be able to save it (assuming an issue may be fatal) by formatting the hard drive. 

If you can reach safe mode, you can then start to try to find the error. It will most likely be an installation error or some of your hardware is not compatible with another. 

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

#4 andy_gtfc

andy_gtfc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

...as soon as you turn on the pc, keep on tabbing the F8-key...and see if you can start in "Safe Mode"

If you are lucky and you havent dont much on the hard drive, you may be able to save it (assuming an issue may be fatal) by formatting the hard drive. 

If you can reach safe mode, you can then start to try to find the error. It will most likely be an installation error or some of your hardware is not compatible with another. 

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll try this tomorrow as that's the next chance I can get to sort the problem out. I don't have much on the hard-drive as it is, so it wouldn't matter if I lost what's on it.

I have a feeling that it might be because 'it all worked when it started' so I didn't use any of the discs that came with the products separately.

#5 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

That is probably gonna be a 99% chance that that is the issue haha.

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users