Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER check code: 0x000000fe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Hello everyone!

Recently I've been getting a BSOD that I'm having trouble fixing. Let me give you some basic info first:

Sony Vaio VPCF-115fm

Intel core i7 Q720 @1.6ghz

6gb ram

Windows 7 HP SP1

BSOD Info:

Bug check string: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

Bug check code: 0x000000fe

Parameter 1: 00000000`00000008

Parameter 2: 00000000`00000006

Parameter 3: 00000000`00000005

Parameter 4: fffffa80`08a2fb20

Caused by driver: usbhub.sys

Caused by address: usbhub.sys+12a60

Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0

Directly attached USB devices:

M-Audio Fasttrack pro external sound card

7 Port USB hub

USB devices attached to the hub:

DJ Tech tools midifighter classic (midi controller)

Ableton Launchpad (midi controller)

Numark Mixtrack Pro (DJ controller)

Logiteck M305 wireless mouse receiver

Laptop cooling pad

I noticed that just about every time I have my hub attached and close the lid / put the computer to sleep, I get this BSOD. Sometimes, it will BSOD randomly while I'm in the middle of working on something. I also noticed that if I restart my laptop and do not use the hub or any of the devices attached to it, no BSOD. This leads me to assume the problem stems from the usb hub or one of the devices attached to it.

I've been researching how to fix this for some time now, and stumbled upon a Microsoft article that describes the issue I'm having. The article can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974410

Basically, the article says that the bluescreen I'm getting can be caused by a race condition in the Usbccgp component. It also says "This issue may occur if you attach a USB composite device that supports the Selective Suspend feature to the computer". The article provides a hotfix, but I have downloaded it and ran it already and it says the update does not apply to my computer. I am getting the correct, windows 7 home premium x64 hotfix. There is also a workaround listed. The workaround involves modifying certain registry keys, which I have no problem doing if I could find them.

The registry entries that need modified are located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB<VID&PID><InstanceID>\Device Parameters

Where:

“VID&PID” is the Vendor ID and Product ID of the USB device.

“InstanceID” is an instance of the USB device.

However, I am unable to find the registry entry because I cannot find the proper VID & PID.

I really need help getting this solved. I am supposed to be providing music for a few hundred people this weekend and need my laptop and all usb devices to be running perfectly.

Any ideas and help is very much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi

Please read instructions from the below link and turn off USB selective suspend .

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

If the issue remains, please upload the actual crash dump files with the next reply. You will find them inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users