Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.jpg not .jpeg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

hi, I have purchased a 16" led backlit lcd tv and dvd combo for the missus, she likes to play audio books whilst in the kitchen so this little gismo which is also a mp3 player serves the purpose, I have downloaded a couple of audio books from the audiobook bay site and burnt them to a cd disc, at this point the burnt discs play on my pc and my philips dvd recorder/player but are not recognised by the missuses tv/dvd, apparently the files are .jpeg and the tv/dvd only recognises .jpg, all the downloaded files were mp3 as this is also the only format the tv/dvd will work with, so guys where do I go from here, where am I going wrong and  do I need a converter of some sort, I hope some one can help before I get another thick ear

optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

.jpeg and .jpg are the same format, just named differently. If your DVD won't recognize .jpeg, you just need to rename the file to .jpg.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

hi Budapest, thanks for the reply, ok .jpeg and .jpg are as you say one of the same and only need the file extension changing, but the audio files that I downloaded are mp3 and that is all the information I can glean from clicking on  their properties, so where can a thicko find the .jpeg file extension or do I have to find a .jpeg converter, again many thanks for your help and hope to hear more from you      ray

#4 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

PS, Hi Budapest, I have just thought of something, are .jpeg/.jpg file extensions just for images and if so what are the audio file extensions supposed to be and why is this mp3 download being recognised by the tv/dvd as .jpeg and not as an audio file extension, talk about complicated, so over to you bud. 

#5 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Done it Fixed it: hi Budapest, the mp3 audio was to be opened with wmp so the file must have been wma, any way I clicked its properties and change it to open with vlc, I assume that this is avi file and hey presto the tv/dvd recognised this and played it  beautifully, so ends the saga, many thanks for your help, I hope that this conclusion may some way help others.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am happy to hear you got it sorted.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users