Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to fix 8.1 but want to save 30gb of pics/ video

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leoliger

leoliger

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I have a All-In-One PC that I am currently troubleshooting and I have been trying to repair the PC trying to get back to the desktop. I recently downloaded and upgraded to 8.1 with no problem. It took a long time, but it went smooth. Now, I am currently having the PC "trying" to attempt repairs but with not such luck. I have tried many ways to restore it, but I believe I have come to the point where I have to reinstall the PC with the default settings, but I want to get 30gb worth of photos and video out of there before I attempt such a thing. Is there anyway for me to repair the computer without going to that last resort. I new I should have backed-up the photos, but I forgot that I had them there. What I am trying to do is do a factory reset, but either save or allow me to retrieve the files into an external hard drive.

-Currently no disks, hoping there is a factory reset.

-Attempting repairs as I am writing

Edited by leoliger, 28 October 2013 - 08:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

You could try this from our Tutorials.

How to reinstall Windows 8 while keeping your data using Refresh your PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/reinstall-windows-8-using-refresh-your-pc/

Windows 8 introduces a new feature called Refresh your PC that allows you to reinstall your computer while at the same time preserving your data, preferences, and Windows Store apps

Hopefully it works for You. I use an All-In-One and I used Refresh and I used the Reset to see if they worked.

How to perform a clean install of Windows 8 using Reset your PC

Windows 8 provides a new feature that makes this process incredibly easy by erasing your data, reformatting your hard drive, and reinstalling Windows 8 at the press of a button.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users