Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Factory install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JAMESJUSA

JAMESJUSA

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

I have a DELL XPS Desktop with Windows 7 and I am planning to rebuild it.

Is there any way to build it to its orignal factory build?

Will I lose  drivers by doing that and I have to reinstall all the drivers again ...or no?

What are the steps then to rebuild it ot its Original factory build

Thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

pleaase review the following by dell, I did not have your exact model so this is generic but should work perfectly:

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?docid=125843_es

sources: dell.com

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#3 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

if it can accept windows 7 all drivers will be found by windows update.
Factory build, no.
goto dell, type in your service tag and it will tell you if
the computer is windows 7 compatible. The issue being aero.

#4 JAMESJUSA

JAMESJUSA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for such a quick response ....wow

so since the Dell web site did not mentioned anything about the installing drivers that means all the drivers will also install with the image ....correct?

#5 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for such a quick response ....wow

so since the Dell web site did not mentioned anything about the installing drivers that means all the drivers will also install with the image ....correct?

using the method that I posted your system would be restored to factory default, with all drivers and software that were on the computer on day one (provided you received it directly from the factory). You would essentially start over.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#6 JAMESJUSA

JAMESJUSA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thanks guys for all the help :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users