Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help - Wanscam IP camera problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyDunky

GrumpyDunky

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Hi

Can you please help me?

I recently bought a Wanscam waterproof IP camera.

Using the search tool didnt come up with anything but I got to the camera using the address 192:168.1.99:99 and could control it etc. I got it working fine over my local wireless network.

I then installed it high up on my house (I couldnt make a hole big enough for the RJ45 to fit through so the only cable through to the inside of the house is the power cable.)

I then realised that I could only access the camera from my local network, be it over the wireless link.  I couldnt control it remotely, from outside my own network.  So, I looked up how to contol it remotely and think I probably made an error and set the IP address to the camera to something else - I think 192:168.1.103 but cant remember.  Anyway, I then couldnt access the camera at all.

I've taken the camera down again from the house and re-connected it to the lan and hit the reset button but nothing.  I now cant get to the camera at all!

Can one of you experts help me please?

Many thanks

Duncan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users