Delete your existing copy of combofix.RKill
is a program that was developed at BleepingComputer.com that attempts to terminate known malware processes
so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections.
When RKill runs it will kill malware processes and then removes incorrect executable associations and fixes policies
that stop us from using certain tools. When finished it will display a log file that shows the processes that were
terminated while the program was running.
As RKill only terminates a program's running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot
your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again.
Instead, after running RKill you should immediately scan your computer using the requested scans I've included.
Please download Rkill
by Grinler from one of the links below and save it to your desktop.
Disable CD Emulation with DeFogger
- On Windows XP double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- On Windows Vista/Windows 7 or 8, right-click on the Rkill desktop icon and select Run As Administrator
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
- Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.
Please download DeFogger
to your desktop
Double click DeFogger
to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers.
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
- IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.
Post up the log created by RKill now.
Edited by TB-Psychotic, 28 October 2013 - 10:24 AM.