Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to block File Transfer over Network?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xmdave

xmdave

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hi there!

I have a router Cisco 2821 and  a ADSL modem. The ADSL modem is connected to ADSL cabled to the ISP, and also is connected directly to the GigaEthernet 0/1 port of the router. The GigaEthernet 0/0 on the router cisco is connected directly to my LAN on a Cisco switch's port. A route to the internet (0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0) via the ADSL modem's local IP address is established. I manage accessing from computers in my LAN to the internet through extend access-list on my Cisco router. Now I want to block file transfer over network applications such as skype, yahoo ... from some local IP address, could you show me how to do? Many many thanks to you, pros! Nice day to you all!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

1. Do you have an account at cisco.com? 2. What version of IOS do you have?

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 xmdave

xmdave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

hi Sneakycyber

I havent registered an account at cisco.com yet, my IOS version is 12.4.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

You can register on Cisco for free and have access to allot of free info. I'm not too familiar with advanced programming on the 2800 series. However I did find an article that shows your how to configure the Network Based Application Recognition (NBAR) feature.
Cisco Pdf documentation on nbar

Edited by Sneakycyber, 01 November 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users