Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to know what is wrong with the wireless adapter with my Toshiba Windows7?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lusatimi

Lusatimi

• Banned Spammer
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi, guys, This problem has irritated me for a long time. Although I can solve it for the moment it goes wrong, it will appear again when I focus on my job. The built-in wireless adapter is always closed automatically by itself. Every time in the middle of my working time, it will interrupt my pace for work.

Another case:Last night, I was just watching a film when suddenly my Toshiba Laptop shut down by itself and could not start up by pressing the on/off button. Even the supply power light won't work. It was so horrible because the bottom of it is very hot and I thought some part must be burn down I had been worried about the problem till now. I really want to know why .PS: I have use this for more than 3 years.

I imagined if the hot problem is also the cause of the automatic wifi turn-off. Can some person help me to avoid repeating the repair of my Wifi?Or relieve the overheated phenomenon?

Edited by hamluis, 31 October 2013 - 03:33 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Have you tried cleaning it out with a can of air?

#3 Lusatimi

Lusatimi
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Have you tried cleaning it out with a can of air

Sorry, a can of air? what kind of such a thing?  by the way, clean what? Forgive me , I did not figure out what your mean.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Clean your computer, and by can of air I mean this:

http://www.cleanitsupply.com/p-29590-innovera-compressed-gas-duster-nonflammable-2-cans-ivr51515.aspx?utm_source=Nextag&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=IVR51515

#5 Lusatimi

Lusatimi
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Oh..it seems I have gotten something like this. But is there any relationship between the dust-clean and the WIFI turn off?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

It would solve the over heating which could be the cause of the wifi shutdown.

#7 Lusatimi

Lusatimi
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

Oh, that's it. I see. I will come back home and see if this resolution works. much appreciated for your advice.

#8 Lusatimi

Lusatimi
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Oh, that's it. I see. I will come back home and see if this resolution works. much appreciated for your advice.

Hey man, as if it is not because of over-heating problem.Later the same situation happened again now and then. I came to the manufacture and they checked out the problem seems to the damage of my built-in wireless adapter. Is there any possibility to use the house wifi still with my Toshiba? 

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

What do you mean by damage, and also what do you mean house wifi?

#10 Lusatimi

Lusatimi
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

What do you mean by damage, and also what do you mean house wifi?

House wifi simply means wifi in my house. They just said "Damage".I think maybe there is something wrong with my  wireless card?

#11 BKSeoul

BKSeoul

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Most recent laptops have a wireless card that is attached to the motherboard inside.  If you had it checked and they stated it was damaged, it needs replaced or you will continue to get the drops/issues you are experiencing.  Most wireless cards are fairly easy to replace and have youtube videos to show you how to do it.  The alternative is to take it to a repair shop and have them do it for a fee.  The wireless card can usually be bought off newegg or amazon for cheap ($50 or less in most cases from what I have seen).

#12 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

The laptop runs very hot

--- Right now to me this is the issue and it has been building up for some time.

--- Although the focus seems to be on the wireless, it could be an overheating processor, fan operation and who knows what else

--- Oh yes, what power option plan are you using? If it’s the high-performance plan, switch to balanced

--- It seems that when the laptop shuts down you cannot restart the computer but it will restart later after it has cooled down

--- If you think it’s still the wireless adapter, plug an ethernet cable in from your ISP modem/router into the computers ethernet port so you can run wired.

--- If the computer still shuts down, the cause of your problem isn’t a damaged wireless router (even though by now it could be damaged), additional troubleshooting is necessary to determine the root cause of the shut down

--- As far as the possibility of a PS problem after 3+ years of usage, that’s definitely a possibility

To review what’s been happening

You  can solve the problem when it goes wrong, but it will appear again. I imagine what you are saying is that you can get your wireless to work ok but the shutdown issue appears again

The built-in wireless adapter is always closing itself automatically

You were watching a film and the laptop shut itself down and you couldn’t start the computer by pressing the on’off button

You want to know why there is a problem with the PS as it has been in use for more than 3 years

Using a can of air didn’t help

Someone from the manufacturer came and said there could be damage to the built in wireless adapter

You mention your place of work and that you want to be able to use your house wi-fi

--- So do you have the problem at both places?

--- Maybe you work from home?

--- The intent of the question is does this happen at more than one place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users