Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DrAG0n

DrAG0n

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:16 PM

hi guys,i juz started to join this site few minutes ago.my computer used to be infected by spyfalcon but with the help of this site i had completely remove it from my computer,THANKS GUYS.But now,there was a icon said:You may be a victim of software counterfeiting'.and when i open my internet explorer the url is //www.securitybulletin.net/ say that spyware is detected and recommend to download the malware wipe,spyfalcon and all those useless stuff.sometimes there is some popups windows which is 'unhealthy'.CAN SOME1 TEACH ME HOW TO FIX IT??????THANKS

//Mod edit to modify Hot Link above to protect others.

Edited by KoanYorel, 29 April 2006 - 11:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:34 PM

Well your problem is one good infection. Do you use any anti-spyware or anti-virus programs? Do you have a firewall? You say that you just got uninfected after running HijackThis, well I think yoiu are going to have to run it again.
Question on the software counterfieting, Are you using a legal version of Windows? The page you got does not look like it is a valid warning and even is not from Microsoft but I thought I would ask anyway.

Please read this guide before actually doing the procedure
And it has all of the links for downloads you need.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Go to the following to post your log file and it will be analyzed by a qualified tech

HijackThis Logs and Analysis
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

I would also try this tutorial

Windows Forensics: Have I been Hacked?

#3 BatMon

BatMon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:35 PM

Well if you got a 1 month Norton trial Internet security on your motherboard install it. I use Norton and McAfee. If you have either one of these virus protection programs install them. For pop ups I suggest you download Magickillah and try not to download any spyware. Just a problem I ran into about 2 years ago when I reformatted my partition I got up my internet without virus protection I ran in to all types of problems. I couldn't access Internet, so I had to do this 4 more times until I figured out the problem. So make sure to have virus protection before you get your Internet up(don't even have your cord plugged in). For your homepage(http://www.securitybulletin.net/)just go to tools at the top of IE and go to "Internet Options". Now at the top where it says "Home Page" type in www.google.ca or whatever website you like to popup when you load IE. Now click OK and your done.

#4 DrAG0n

DrAG0n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

well,my windows is a legal version.i have use it for many years but it appear this morning and i have anti spyware/adware program and also anti virus program,my firewall is on.the homepaage of my IE is still www.securitybulletin.net after i change it to www.google.com.(when i reopen my IE)

#5 BatMon

BatMon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:45 PM

Ahh, did you install thoes programs? If not you got a little bit of spyware or an odd virus. Don't use the programs if you didn't install them. Go to tools, internet options and Delete Cookies and also Delete Files. Now try setting your homepage to google and tell me what happens.

#6 DrAG0n

DrAG0n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:57 PM

well,its still the same the when i open it the url is about:blank the aftre a few seconds it changes to www.securitybulletin.net.

#7 BatMon

BatMon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:09 PM

Well I don't think that site is security but pm me if you are going to continue this topic. I don't want to spam. What virus protection programs do you have?

#8 DrAG0n

DrAG0n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

i have norton anitvirus and AVG.Ad adware SE personal,Microsoft Antispyware,Spybot search and destroy

#9 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

DrAG0n.

I suggest you follow the directions given to you in post #2 by ThorXP.

BatMon.
Assistance and help is not provided through PM on the Bleeping Computer Forums as there is no quality control or immediate oversight of the advice.
Nor can others benefit or learn from such.
I suggest you sit back and read a bit more on the forums before attempting
to help others here.

Edited by KoanYorel, 29 April 2006 - 11:25 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:27 PM

Are you running the Norton and AVG anti virus programs at the same time?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

To be using two anti-virus is not a good thing. I would strongly suggest to remove the Norton and keep the AVG.

How to Fully Remove Norton 2004 and newer
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42247/how-to-completely-remove-norton-security-products/

Tools Needed = * SymNRT.exe click on this in red and it will download.

Right after you remove the Norton (Symantec) I would suggest removeing the AVG and reloading it. Then Please go thru what I posted in my post to you yesterday repeated here:

Please read this guide before actually doing the procedure
And it has all of the links for downloads you need.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Go to the following to post your log file and it will be analyzed by a qualified tech

HijackThis Logs and Analysis
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

I do believe you are infected and it has to be taken care of.

#12 John Hunt

John Hunt

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

Can I just endorse Thor's comment about TWO anti-virus programs being installed together
not being a good thing.

I have heard about this before also I know someone who had the same combination ( Norton + AVG )
which caused problems...........

Posted Image
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.

If you would like to experience the wonderful world of distributed computing, go to
BOINCUK and Team Lookers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users