Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viewing Windows

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeff123

jeff123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

Have a problem absolutely none of the local experts can help me with. On my PC running XP, if I have multiple windows open at once and the cursor/pointer happens to touch one of the windows in the background it immediatly brings it to the forefront. This used to only happen if I actually clicked on one of the background windows, but now just merely passing over it with the pointer brings it to the front. HELP, annoying as you imagine it is.

Mod Edit: Duplicate topics have been merged into this one. Duplicate post was removed. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 30 April 2006 - 10:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:45 PM

Seems like we've had this one before, or one like it, but I'm not coming up with much. Have you tried a different mouse? It seems reasonable that there may be a wiring short at the mouse end that simulates clicking when you move the mouse. Are you using any software like Intellimouse? Go to Mouse in the Control Panel and make sure you don't have Quicklock enabled, and check your double-clicking speed. Try changing the speed a bit slower or faster and see if the problem persists.

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:41 AM

There is one other possiblity that the single click is enabled and the click speed is set to quick. Oh have you tried a different mouse? Herk may be right but anyway you look at it this one for solving is going to be a good one.

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

I have a feeling this post is going to get closed. Do you not have a psot just like this called No New Posts*
Multiple Window Viewing - making a new post is ok if the topic is totally different but this one appears to be the same thing. It is going to be more confusing than you can imagine.

#5 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

Before it gets closed here is a possible solution--

Posted Image

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#6 jeff123

jeff123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:06 AM

that's got to be it! Will try asap, but if they close this before I reply, thank you very much. This was my first blog so I'm not up on all the rules, etc.

#7 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:25 AM

Oh well done medab1 :thumbsup: good work

and good luck jeff123 :flowers:

#8 ssfire

ssfire

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

If you have Microsofts' PowerToys TweakUI installed, you may have unintensionaly activated the x-mouse feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users