Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox very slow. Is it the netbook or the browser??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 Kabo0m

Kabo0m

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

After reading other threads I decided it was warrented to post my own following the how to of other threads (such as using Speccy).

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jzHtBuZyR1F2EyVt2Cl1yMh

As for Firefox it says it is 23.0.1 (I have to do a restart after this and it will update).

I have the following addons installed and active (was trying to keep my mom safe while she was on this computer before she got her own):

Adblock Plus 2.4 (because she can never tell the difference between ads and things she is meant to click on)

NoScript 2.6.7.1

WOT 20130515

Toolbar Buttons 1.0 (to make more room so that she can have as much viewing space on this tiny 10" netbook)

E-Web Print 1.17.00 (because she loves to print recipes but doesn't want everything with it .. just the recipe).

BitDefender QuickScan 0.9.9.119

Dr. web Anti-virus link checker 3.2.3

DESKTOP - Main Rig:   Passmark & Mobo  (Manual) &  my Speccy (Video card is Radeon 7770) & 4Gb DDR2 RAM
NETBOOK:   PC: Acer Aspire ONE (D250 10.1")    //   CPU: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz   RAM: 2.0 GB  DDR2
Video Card: Intel® GMA 950 (256Mb)     OS:   Windows 7 Starter 32-bit SP1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

What is your question?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Kabo0m

Kabo0m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

What is your question?

Firefox very slow. Is it the netbook or the browser??

(Copied from the subject). How can I find out which is causing the slowness?

DESKTOP - Main Rig:   Passmark & Mobo  (Manual) &  my Speccy (Video card is Radeon 7770) & 4Gb DDR2 RAM
NETBOOK:   PC: Acer Aspire ONE (D250 10.1")    //   CPU: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz   RAM: 2.0 GB  DDR2

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Is it only slow when you are online?

If it is only slow loading pages try the suggestion at this website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Using a different browser...should provide more focus on where the problems may lie.

Louis

#6 Kabo0m

Kabo0m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

Sorry to Necro / Raise from the dead my old own thread but it has been awhile since I have been on my netbook. Now I am back on it now that my main computer stopped working. Anyway I think I found out it is not the browser but the netbook.

It is amazingly slow. I found out more about what is in this thing:

Intel Aspire ONE

CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz

RAM: 1.0 GB

Video Card: Intel® GMA 950

HDD free space: 56.2 GB out of 111Gb total Harddrive space capacity

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

#7 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,015 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Try disabling addons (extensions) one at a time, when you get the right one, you'll know. 

However, Adblock Plus, NoScript & WOT doesn't slow Firefox. I have them all & it's very fast. 

One thing that I do notice, is that you have only 1GB of RAM. If you can upgrade that to at least 2GB, that would help a lot. Download & run the Crucial Memory Advisor to see how much RAM your computer can hold. I notice that's there's only one RAM slot, there should be a 2GB or 4GB stick for your computer. 4GB would be best, if the computer supports it, the scanner I linked above will state this, what your options are. Go for the max it'll support for best results. 

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/systemscanner

Also your L2 cache is only 512KBytes, this greatly limits system speed. Plus you have AVG Internet Security (Firewall included). It's inadvisable to have both AVG & MSE running at the same time. There's no browser that will be responsive, given your computer specs, plus two active security apps installed & active. And AVG 2011 is way behind the times. However if you insist on running it, then open MSE & in the settings, uncheck "Use This Program" & OK. That should disable it. 

This should be a good beginning to work with. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

It's inadvisable to have both AVG & MSE running at the same time. 

This is not correct.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Credit for this information goes to quietman7.

The maximum amount of RAM for the Intel Aspire One notebook is 2GB of PC2-5300 (333 MHz)

Edited by dc3, 31 May 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#9 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,015 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

It's inadvisable to have both AVG & MSE running at the same time. 

This is not correct.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Credit for this information goes to quietman7.

The maximum amount of RAM for the Intel Aspire One notebook is 2GB of PC2-5300 (333 MHz)

That's what I stated, it's "inadvisable" to have both running at the same time. Definition of word:

http://www.audioenglish.org/dictionary/inadvisable.htm

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 31 May 2014 - 12:42 PM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

I miss read it as I was running late and was in a rush to get out the door this morning.  

Just for your edification, I'm well aware of the definition of inadvisable.  For an example, it is inadvisable to make posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. :grinner: 

#11 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,015 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

No problem! None us are perfect, even though there are those who thinks they are (I can't stand this type of person).

Hopefully the OP is on the way towards making that computer run faster, as I don't believe it's solely a Firefox issue. One of the extensions (Bitdefender Quickscan) will slow one a bit, but only for as long as it's running the scan.

I also believe it's safe to state that more RAM is needed, as you covered above in regards to the type of. 1GB is really low for today's needs, security alone can consume a good portion of that amount. Had to upgrade my T42 Thinkpad to 2GB (1GB x2), fortunately I had the sticks around, as I throw away nothing that may can be used later. Even my IDE HDD's & DDR/DDR2 RAM sticks.

Cat

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

I can relate to saving usable hardware, or older hardware.  I have eight PC-100 modules, they are probably resting under the two CD-ROM drives and an ancient floppy disc drive.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

Sorry to Necro / Raise from the dead my old own thread but it has been awhile since I have been on my netbook. Now I am back on it now that my main computer stopped working. Anyway I think I found out it is not the browser but the netbook.

It is amazingly slow. I found out more about what is in this thing:

Intel Aspire ONE

CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz

RAM: 1.0 GB

Video Card: Intel® GMA 950

HDD free space: 56.2 GB out of 111Gb total Harddrive space capacity

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

I would suggest running the scans listed below in the order that they are posted.

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool.

Open your browser and go to Downloads, then click on the Junkware Removal Tool to install it.  

Click on Run to initiate the installation.

To avoid potential conflicts, temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall.  You will want to be offline when you do this.

Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as Administrator.

The tool will open and start scanning your system.

Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.

On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.  Copy and this and then post this in your topic.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

#14 Kabo0m

Kabo0m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

Okay here are the 4 things you requested:

1. AdwCleaner

# AdwCleaner v3.211 - Report created

02/06/2014 at 08:31:58
    # Updated 26/05/2014 by Xplode
    # Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP

Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
    # Username : Owner - ACER-330BB84976
    # Running from : C:\To

Install\BleepingComputer Diag for Netbook

2014\1 - AdwCleaner 3.2.1.1\AdwCleaner.exe
    # Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\Common

Files\DVDVideoSoft\TB
    Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and

Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application

Data\AVG Security Toolbar

Settings\Owner\Application

Data\dvdvideosoftiehelpers

Settings\Susan\Local Settings\Application

Data\AVG Security Toolbar
    [!] Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and

Data\Google\Chrome\User

Data\Default\Extensions\nikpibnbobmbdbheedj

fogjlikpgpnhp
    [!] Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and

Data\Google\Chrome\User

Data\Default\Extensions\iabeihobmhlgpkcgjil

oemdbofjbdcic
    File Deleted : C:\Documents and

Settings\Susan\Application

Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0owmfc5l.defa

ult\.autoreg
    File Deleted : C:\Documents and

Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6veygnai.defa

ult\user.js

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[x] Not Deleted :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions

[{ACAA314B-EEBA-48E4-AD47-84E31C44796C}]
    Key Deleted :

HKCU\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\nikp

ibnbobmbdbheedjfogjlikpgpnhp
    Key Deleted :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EE932B49-D5C0

-4D19-A3DA-CE0849258DE6}
    Key Deleted :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVers

ion\Explorer\Browser Helper

Objects\{EE932B49-D5C0-4D19-A3DA-

CE0849258DE6}
    Key Deleted :

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVers

ion\Ext\Stats\{3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-

4E65E497C8C0}
    Key Deleted :

ion\Ext\Stats\{83FF80F4-8C74-4B80-B5BA-

C8DDD434E5C4}
    Key Deleted :

ion\Ext\Stats\{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-

9F516DD69829}
    Key Deleted :

ion\Ext\Stats\{EE932B49-D5C0-4D19-A3DA-

CE0849258DE6}
    Key Deleted :

ion\Ext\Settings\{3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-

4E65E497C8C0}
    Key Deleted :

ion\Ext\Settings\{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-

9F516DD69829}
    Key Deleted :

ion\Ext\Settings\{EE932B49-D5C0-4D19-A3DA-

CE0849258DE6}
    Key Deleted :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet

Explorer\Extensions\{EE932B49-D5C0-4D19-

A3DA-CE0849258DE6}
    Key Deleted :

Explorer\Low

Rights\ElevationPolicy\{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199

-B1A6-9F516DD69829}
    Value Deleted :

Explorer\Toolbar [{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6

-9F516DD69829}]
    Value Deleted :

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet

Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser [{CCC7A320-

B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829}]
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AVG Security

Toolbar
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Softonic
    Key Deleted :

HKCU\Software\YahooPartnerToolbar
    Key Deleted :

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVers

ion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18

\Components\464AA55239C100F32AF2D438EDDC0F4

Key Deleted :

\Components\5652BA3D5FB98AE31B337BF0AF93985

Key Deleted :

\Components\86EB95E1AFCBABE3DB9ECCC669B9949

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18702

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v29.0.1 (en-US)

[ File : C:\Documents and

Settings\Avery\Application

Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vrrh34of.defa

ult\prefs.js ]

Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6veygnai.defa

ult\prefs.js ]

Settings\Susan\Application

Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0owmfc5l.defa

ult\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v35.0.1916.114

Settings\Avery\Local Settings\Application

Data\Google\Chrome\User

Data\Default\preferences ]

Deleted [Extension] :

dhdepfaagokllfmhfbcfmocaeigmoebo
    Deleted [Extension] :

hphibigbodkkohoglgfkddblldpfohjl
    Deleted [Extension] :

kdcnnmifdmlmjffdgeieikcokcogpbej
    Deleted [Extension] :

kincjchfokkeneeofpeefomkikfkiedl
    Deleted [Extension] :

kkkeikdkpjenmoiicggnnodbkebafgpc
    Deleted [Extension] :

pgmfkblbflahhponhjmkcnpjinenhlnc

Settings\BeADonor\Local

Settings\Application

Data\Google\Chrome\User

Deleted [Search Provider] :

hxxp://www.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}
    Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Data\Google\Chrome\User

hxxp://search.surfcanyon.com/search?

f=sb&q={searchTerms}&partner=wot

hxxp://www.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}

&o=15527&l=dis&prt=SWL&chn=&geo=CA&ver=1
    Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

iabeihobmhlgpkcgjiloemdbofjbdcic
    Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

Deleted [Extension] :

nikpibnbobmbdbheedjfogjlikpgpnhp
    Deleted [Extension] :

Settings\Susan\Local Settings\Application

Data\Google\Chrome\User

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [5996 octets] -

[02/06/2014 08:19:16]
    AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [6031 octets] -

[02/06/2014 08:31:58]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner

[S0].txt - [6091 octets] ##########

2. Junkware Removal Tool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
    Version: 6.1.4 (04.06.2014:1)
    Ran by Owner on Mon 06/02/2014 at  8:59:22.43

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\DisplayName
    Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\URL

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{3597C48D-4AB3-437E-9417-DF33AF526FFC}
    Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{59D3D3AA-EFCE-4C52-8C91-0612925B864C}

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ai_recyclebin"

~~~ FireFox

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\6veygnai.default\searchplugins\youtube-video-search.xml
    Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\{acaa314b-eeba-48e4-ad47-84e31c44796c}

Scan was completed on Mon 06/02/2014 at  9:12:18.25
    End of JRT log

3. Speccy:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/FLVjd5NnKqbaudREMEYtLDv

4. MiniToolBox:

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 23-01-2014
    Ran by Owner (administrator) on 02-06-2014 at 09:31:24
    Running from "C:\To Install\BleepingComputer Diag for Netbook 2014\4 - MiniToolBox"
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (X86)
    Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
    ==================
    Error: (06/01/2014 10:39:14 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
    Description: Fault bucket -319458540.
    The Wep key exchange did not result in a secure connection setup after 802.1x authentication.  The current setting has been marked as failed and the Wireless connection will be disconnected.

Error: (06/01/2014 02:29:42 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
    Description: Faulting application skype.exe, version 6.11.0.102, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000200.
    Processing media-specific event for [skype.exe!ws!]

Error: (04/22/2014 04:40:41 PM) (Source: HotFixInstaller) (User: )
    Description: EventType visualstudio8setup, P1 microsoft .net framework 2.0-kb2898856, P2 1033, P3 1618, P4 msi, P5 f, P6 9.0.40215.0, P7 install, P8 x86, P9 visualstudio8setup0, P10 visualstudio8setup1.

Error: (04/22/2014 04:21:12 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
    Description: Fault bucket 192285619.
    The Wep key exchange did not result in a secure connection setup after 802.1x authentication.  The current setting has been marked as failed and the Wireless connection will be disconnected.

Error: (04/22/2014 04:20:19 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
    Description: Faulting application MsMpEng.exe, version 4.4.304.0, faulting module mpengine.dll, version 1.1.10501.0, fault address 0x003d684d.
    Error in creating result PEAP-TLV in response to received PEAP-TLV (MsMpEng.exe!ld!)

Error: (04/22/2014 04:20:13 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Error: (04/22/2014 04:18:36 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
    Description: Faulting application MsMpEng.exe, version 4.4.304.0, faulting module mpengine.dll, version 1.1.10501.0, fault address 0x003d684d.
    Error in creating result PEAP-TLV in response to received PEAP-TLV (MsMpEng.exe!ld!)

Error: (04/22/2014 04:18:32 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Error: (04/22/2014 04:16:16 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Error: (04/22/2014 03:57:40 PM) (Source: MPSampleSubmission) (User: )
    Description: EventType mptelemetry, P1 microsoft security essentials (edb4fa23-53b8-4afa-8c5d-99752cca7094), P2 4.4.304.0, P3 timeout, P4 1.1.10501.0, P5 fixed, P6 2 _ 1024, P7 5 _ not boot, P8 NIL, P9 mptelemetry0, P10 mptelemetry1.

System errors:
    =============
    Error: (06/02/2014 08:51:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
    Description: The support for your operating system has expired. Running %%860 on an out of support operating system is not an adequate solution to protect against threats.

Error: (06/02/2014 08:42:10 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
    Description: The ASInsHelp service failed to start due to the following error:
    %%2

Error: (06/02/2014 08:41:51 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
    Description: The support for your operating system has expired. Running %%860 on an out of support operating system is not an adequate solution to protect against threats.

Error: (06/02/2014 02:03:21 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (06/02/2014 02:03:20 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (06/02/2014 02:03:20 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (06/02/2014 01:55:31 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (06/02/2014 01:55:13 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (06/01/2014 02:28:10 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Error: (06/01/2014 02:02:33 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )

Microsoft Office Sessions:
    =========================

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

µTorrent (Version: 3.3.1.29963)
    7-Zip 9.20
    AAC Decoder (Version: 7.1.0)
    ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Sprint (Version: 9.01.513.58212)
    Acer ScreenSaver (Version: 1.0.0.0304)
    Acer VCM (Version: 4.00.3006)
    Acrobat.com (Version: 0.0.0)
    Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX (Version: 13.0.0.214)
    Adobe Flash Player 13 Plugin (Version: 13.0.0.214)
    Adobe Reader X (10.1.10) (Version: 10.1.10)
    Aeria Ignite (Version: 1.13.3296)
    Akamai NetSession Interface
    Apple Application Support (Version: 1.4.1)
    Apple Software Update (Version: 2.1.3.127)
    ArcSoft Print Creations - Album Page
    ArcSoft Print Creations - Funhouse
    ArcSoft Print Creations - Greeting Card
    ArcSoft Print Creations - Photo Book
    ArcSoft Print Creations - Photo Calendar
    ArcSoft Print Creations - Scrapbook
    ArcSoft Print Creations - Slimline Card
    ArcSoft Print Creations (Version: 2.8.255.384)
    Atheros Driver Installation Program (Version: 7.6.1.244)
    Audacity 2.0.3 (Version: 2.0.3)
    AutoUpdate (Version: 1.1)
    AVG PC Tuneup 2011 (Version: 10.0.0.23)
    C:\Program Files\Acer GameZone\GameConsole (Version: 3.0.0.0)
    CCScore (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    CD/DVD Diagnostic (Version: 2.0.2)
    Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Corel WinDVD (Version: 10.0.5.423)
    Crazy Birds (Version: 1.0)
    Defraggler (Version: 2.13)
    DivX Codec (Version: 6.8.5)
    DivX Plus DirectShow Filters
    DivX Version Checker (Version: 7.1.0.2)
    enhanced cursors 1.0
    Epson Connect Printer Setup (Version: 1.1.1)
    EPSON Connect version 1.0 (Version: 1.0)
    Epson Customer Participation (Version: 1.4.0.0)
    Epson Event Manager (Version: 3.01.0003)
    Epson E-Web Print (Version: 1.17.0000)
    Epson FAX Utility (Version: 1.30.00)
    Epson PC-FAX Driver
    EPSON Printer Finder (Version: 1.0.0)
    EPSON Scan
    EPSON WF-2540 Series Printer Uninstall
    EpsonNet Print (Version: 2.5.00)
    eSobi v2 (Version: 2.0.3.000223)
    ESSBrwr (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    ESSCDBK (Version: 8.03.0000.0001)
    ESScore (Version: 8.03.0000.0001)
    ESSgui (Version: 8.03.0000.0001)
    ESSini (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    ESSPCD (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    ESSPDock (Version: 6.03.0001.0004)
    ESSTOOLS (Version: 5.00.0000.0004)
    essvatgt (Version: 8.00.0000.0001)
    Free Studio version 2013 (Version: 6.1.0.320)
    GameVox 0.11.42 (Version: 0.11.42)
    GameVox Libs 0.9.1032 (Version: 0.9.1032)
    Garmin Communicator Plugin (Version: 4.0.4)
    Google Chrome (Version: 35.0.1916.114)
    Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.24.7)
    H.264 Decoder (Version: 1.1.0)
    Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows (Version: 2.1)
    Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
    Intel® Matrix Storage Manager
    Java 7 Update 60 (Version: 7.0.600)
    Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.1.60.19)
    Kodak EasyShare software
    KODAK Share Button App (Version: 3.01.0000.0000)
    LastPass (uninstall only)
    Launch Manager (Version: 2.0.07)
    Lexmark Skin:  Elastic
    Magnifixer 3.2 (Version: 3.2)
    Mahjong Escape Ancient Japan
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300 (Version: 1.75.0.1300)
    McAfee SiteAdvisor (Version: 3.6.129)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Version: 1.1.4322)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB2698023)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB2833941)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 2.2.30729)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 3.2.30729)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Version: 3.5.30729)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Version: 4.0.30319)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (Version: 4.0.30319)
    Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6012.5000)
    Microsoft Choice Guard (Version: 2.0.48.0)
    Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP (Version: 1)
    Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
    Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.7
    Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
    Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
    Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 (English) (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.4518.1014)
    Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
    Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Office Suite Activation Assistant (Version: 2.9)
    Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft Security Client (Version: 4.5.0216.0)
    Microsoft Security Essentials (Version: 4.5.216.0)
    Microsoft Software Update for Web Folders  (English) 12 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000)
    Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053 (Version: 8.0.50727.4053)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - KB2467174 - x86 9.0.30729.5570 (Version: 9.0.30729.5570)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022.218 (Version: 9.0.21022.218)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729 (Version: 9.0.30729)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 (Version: 10.0.30319)
    Microsoft Works (Version: 9.7.0621)
    Microsoft Works 6-9 Converter (Version: 14.0.6120.5002)
    MKV Splitter (Version: 1.0.1)
    Mozilla Firefox 29.0.1 (x86 en-US) (Version: 29.0.1)
    Mozilla Maintenance Service (Version: 29.0.1)
    MSN
    MSVCRT (Version: 14.0.1468.721)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (Version: 4.20.9870.0)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (Version: 4.20.9876.0)
    MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2721691) (Version: 4.30.2114.0)
    MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2758694) (Version: 4.30.2117.0)
    MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (Version: 4.30.2100.0)
    Mumble 1.2.4 (Version: 1.2.4)
    Nero 7 Ultra Edition (Version: 7.01.4237)
    Nero BurnRights
    netbrdg (Version: 7.01.0000.0001)
    OfotoXMI (Version: 8.03.0000.0001)
    OpenOffice.org 3.4.1 (Version: 3.41.9593)
    PerformanceTest v5.0 (Version: 5.0)
    PerformanceTest v8.0 (Version: 8.0.1034.0)
    Philip's Large Inverse Cursors
    PhotoScape
    Real Alternative 1.9.0 (Version: 1.9.0)
    RealDownloader (Version: 1.3.1)
    RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (Version: 9.0)
    RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime (Version: 10.0)
    RealPlayer (Version: 16.0.0)
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (Version: 5.10.0.5798)
    RealUpgrade 1.1 (Version: 1.1.0)
    Secunia PSI (2.0.0.3001)
    Segoe UI (Version: 14.0.4327.805)
    SFR (Version: 8.01.0000.0001)
    Shaiya
    SHASTA (Version: 7.01.0000.0001)
    Shrink Pic (remove)
    skin0001 (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    SKINXSDK (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    Skype™ 6.16 (Version: 6.16.105)
    SoftMaker Office 2008 (C:\Program Files\SoftMaker Office 2008)
    Software Updater (Version: 4.1.6)
    Speccy (Version: 1.26)
    Special Cursors (Version: 2.0.0)
    Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader 9 (Version: 9.0.0)
    staticcr (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    swMSM (Version: 12.0.0.1)
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver (Version: 12.2.2.0)
    System Requirements Lab Detection (Version: 1.0.5.0)
    Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642)
    Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707) (Version: 1)
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596620) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2767849) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2767916) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2362765) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2447568) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB976662) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB982664) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2467659) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2541763) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2607712) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2616676) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2641690) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2661254-v2) (Version: 2)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2718704) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2736233) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2749655) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2863058) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2904266) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB2934207) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB971029) (Version: 1)
    Update for Windows XP (KB973687) (Version: 1)
    USB2.0 Card Reader Software (Version: 6.0.6000.81)
    VC80CRTRedist - 8.0.50727.762 (Version: 1.0.0)
    VLC media player 2.0.5 (Version: 2.0.5)
    VPRINTOL (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    WebCam
    WebFldrs XP (Version: 9.50.7523)
    Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor (Version: 2.0.5000.0)
    Windows Defender (Version: 1.1.1593.21)
    Windows Easy Transfer for Windows 7
    Windows Internet Explorer 7 (Version: 20070813.185237)
    Windows Internet Explorer 8 (Version: 20090308.140743)
    Windows Live Call (Version: 14.0.8117.0416)
    Windows Live Communications Platform (Version: 14.0.8117.416)
    Windows Live Essentials (Version: 14.0.8117.0416)
    Windows Live Essentials (Version: 14.0.8117.416)
    Windows Live Messenger (Version: 14.0.8117.0416)
    Windows Live Sign-in Assistant (Version: 5.000.818.5)
    Windows Live Sync (Version: 14.0.8050.1202)
    Windows Live Upload Tool (Version: 14.0.8014.1029)
    Windows Media Format 11 runtime
    Windows Media Player 11
    Windows SteadyState (Version: 2.5)
    WIRELESS (Version: 8.02.0000.0001)
    WOT for Internet Explorer (Version: 10.8.30.0)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 83%
    Total physical RAM: 1013.88 MB
    Available physical RAM: 162.39 MB
    Total Pagefile: 2441.45 MB
    Available Pagefile: 1508.12 MB
    Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
    Available Virtual: 1978.76 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (ACER) (Fixed) (Total:111.78 GB) (Free:53.6 GB) NTFS
    2 Drive d: (Chaplet of Divine Mercy) (CDROM) (Total:1.13 GB) (Free:0 GB) UDF

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\ACER-330BB84976

Administrator            ASPNET                   Avery                    
    BeADonor                 Guest                    HelpAssistant            
    Owner                    SUPPORT_388945a0         Susan                    

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070211-01.dmp

**** End of log ****

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Double click on the download and choose to run the program.

A screen similar to the one below will open, click any key to run the program.

securitycheck_zpscfb86945.png

When the scan is finished there will be a log, copy and then paste your log in your next post.

Please run sfc /scannow.

System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

During this scan you may be prompted to insert your installation disc in the DVD/CD drive, if you have this disc you will want to have it available before you start the scan.  If you don't have this disc and are prompted for it you will need to follow the *instructions below for locating the i386 file. 

To initiate this scan go to Start, click on Run and type in sfc /scannow then press enter.  Please note the space between sfc and /scannow.

If files are found during this scan which need to be replaced you may be prompted to insert your installation disc, do so at that time.   If it doesn't ask you for the disc this means that it wasn't necessary to replace any files.   In the event the the system asks you for the disc, you must visit Windows Update immediately after the scan is completed (Please note that there won't be any confirmation dialog - the program will just exit without telling you anything).

***Warning, the steps below involve entering the Registry.  If a mistake is made there this can render your computer inoperable.  For this reason I suggest that you first back up the rigistry.***

Backup Your Registry with ERUNT

Please download  ERUNT.

For the version with the Installer:  Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer.

For the zipped version:  Unzip all the files into a folder of your choice.

Important:  For the zipped version you will need a program lik 7-Zip to unzip the files.

Click on Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.

In the event you need to restore your registry, run ERUNT from folder C:\WINDOWS\ERUNT\ (the date the backup was made shoule go here.)

*If you do not have this disc you will need to locate a directory on your system which is named i386. You will need to search for this in the registry, to do this type in regedit in the Search programs and files box and then press Enter.

To find this you will need to navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

You will see the list of HKEY options, please notice the arrow to the left of the option, when you click on this arrow the menu will expand and you will be able to find the next step “SOFTWARE”, expand the menu on this option and proceed till you reach “Setup”.  Under “Setup” you will need to find “SourcePath”.  The SourcePath probably has an entry pointing to your CD-ROM drive, and that is why it is asking for the XP CD. This needs to be changed it to C:\, to do this double click on SourcePath, a box will open where you will make this change by typing in C:\.

Restart your computer now and try running the scan again.

Edited by dc3, 02 June 2014 - 09:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users