Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 gets a BSOD every time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lolwutman

Lolwutman

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

So, my situation was like this; I was desperate to fix a problem that my computer has, and that is the annoying "Solid Colour Screen Freeze/Hang", just like on this thread; http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499484/computer-locking-up-no-bsod-but-screen-turns-a-solid-color/

I decided to take th3fall3n777's suggestion, at least the "Driver Verifier" one. So, I started a CMD, typed "verifier" and then went on the default ones. Afterwards, I tried the 3rd option which I think it was "Try all the drivers".

I also wanted to take Anshad Edavana's suggestion about updating the VGA BIOS, but right now all I did was just download the BIOS, since I can't find my USB.

Anyway, after trying that Driver Verifier, I had to restart my computer and I did. On a side note, I decided to get in the BIOS and try that "ASUS Optimal" feature my motherboard has just for a small test.

Then, when my computer loaded, it quickly crashed with some BSOD, saying that my computer is being attacked by a faulty driver or something. I think I saw "RavD64.dll" or so in that blue screen, but I'm not too sure. And yes, I changed my motherboard back to "Normal".

What's exactly the problem and what should I do?

Now, I can only start my computer in safe mode and I'm kind of lost on what to do. I have some dumps and logs though, can't seem to upload the .dmp files but did with the .xml. Should I upload them on Mediafire?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Okay, so the name is actually "RTCore64.sys", what is this?

Attached Files

Edited by Lolwutman, 27 October 2013 - 08:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

:welcome: to the forum mate.

Please collect all the crash dump files inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder and zip them to a single file. Either attach it with the next reply or upload it to a free file hosting site.

Example file hosting sites :

Also please upload a system information report by following the below steps.

1. Open RUN dialogue by pressing Windows key + R together.

2. Type Msinfo32.exe and press enter. System information tool will open.

3. Choose File --> Save and upload the saved file with the next reply.

#3 Lolwutman

Lolwutman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thank you Anshad.

Sorry, I have actually lost all my minidumps after I decided to delete them when I, well...

I have to inform that I have actually fixed the problem by removing MSI Afterburner, which was the one which had the RTCore64.sys, but that's not the end of my problems, apparently others have arisen;

Now, my problem is how slow my computer got. For example, when I'm trying to start GIMP, it takes more than 5 minutes to load and I'm serious about it, it does take that much (but it works). Some games got stutters now, others that already had stutters have it worse.

So, since I have fixed my problem, should I make another thread talking about how my computer got suddenly slow or should I keep typing in here?

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hi

No need to open a new topic for now. Let us examine your system's condition by collecting some log files. Please follow the below steps.

:step1: A Speccy snapshot.

"Speccy" is a free tool which is used to create a report about your system. It will list the make and model of hardware components as well as installed Windows updates, HDD SMART status etc. Please read instructions from the below link and post the web link created by "Speccy" in next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

:step2: Minitoolbox report.

"Minitoolbox" can list all the installed programs as well as event log errors in your system. Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
   -List installed programs
   -List devices
   -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply. 

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 28 October 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#5 Lolwutman

Lolwutman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Alright Anshad, I will do it later and put in this post (edit) here unless I get a message but first, I think the culprit is this .dll called "rcpqt.dll".

When I, pretty much, fixed my "BSOD every time" problem, after the next reboot, I got a RunDLL error about how it can't run rcpqt.dll. I decided to remove it through CCleaner, Registry and Startup. Then after some time, it did get removed, or that's what I thought, because my system was very slow as it is now. So, I wanted to search some more and got into another post in this forum; https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=110649

I followed MrCharlie's suggestion on RogueKiller, and found out that the process and registry of LightShot were somehow faulty, but so was this;

[EXT RUN][SUSP PATH] HKCU\fbwuser_ON_E:\[...]\Run : Video Library (C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Users\Ok\AppData\Local\Temp\Rpcqt.dll,Sets [7][x]) -> DELETED

Not too sure if this got fixed, I don't think it is. I'll try those two tools and upload the necessary files/texts.

EDIT: Good news! Thanks to RogueKiller, I fixed the "Slow PC" problem! Thank you for your help Anshad. Now, just a thought, should I make this a case closed or should I still continue to try and avoid having that problem again, better security, remove leftovers, etc?

Edited by Lolwutman, 28 October 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi

Since there was malware infections in the machine, please make sure all it's remnants are properly removed. There is a special section in BC which is deicated to remove malware and related things. I highly recommend opening a new topic in that section and request help from a malware removal expert.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Folks in there will help you in removing even stubborn infections which may not be detected by common AV programs.

#7 Lolwutman

Lolwutman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I should get to it considering that my problem wasn't fully fixed. I still get that annoying BSOD when I try using Unlocker, something I used a long time ago with no problems at all.

Thank you.

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hi

BSOD issue may also the result of malware infection. Please open a malware removal request in the appropriate section as i suggested. Once the experts certifies your PC is clean from infections, you can re-post in this thread. 

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

AII topic:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512167/persistent-malware/#entry3192879

This topic is closed, pending completion of above linked topic in Am I Infected.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users