Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computers keep freezing and restarting.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kevster99410

kevster99410

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

(I should start by mentioning that this started when I was 14 years old and I'm now 17).

My troubles started with my first desktop computer in march of 2012. After having it for only less than a year my computer would, at complete random (so far as I can tell), freeze with the screen going black and the sound coming out of the speakers, if there was any at the time, would be stuck on an infinite loop of the last moment of whatever sound was coming from the computer/speakers. After a few seconds of doing this, my computer would then restart with the whole, "Windows has experienced an unexpected shutdown" screen with the normal "Start Windows Normally" and "Safe Mode" options and whatnot, I can't exactly remember, a lot of you are probably familiar with that screen. After choosing to restart it normally it would boot up the normal windows desktop screen and then a box or window would pop up saying something like "Windows has had a problem. Would you like to find a solution?", that probably was not even close to what it actually said, but I can't remember anything much about the window other than the fact that it existed. Anyway, after clicking "Confirm" or "Yes" it would change to say something like "Windows is checking for a solution" (again, nowhere near sure what it actually said), and I think it would have a sort of "progress bar" that would have a green bit that would go from left to right on it, I know I've seen similar progress bars on other Windows boxes where it does stuff and most of you probably have as well. After the box would go away however, I would never get any message about what it found, if it ever found anything, and if I kept using my computer after that (and probably even if I said no to the box, again, I can't remember much from back then), it would pretty much always freeze and restart much earlier than usual. I usually selected "confirm/Yes" when the box would appear(at least at first, I may have started clicking "no" or whatever it was after I realized it wasn't doing anything, again, can't remember), but I think after a while of my using my computer and it freeze-restarting all the time the box stopped appearing (I should also point out now rather than later that after this the box would never appear again any time this happened, even after I reinstalled windows (which you will read about below) or on any of the other computers I tried), but the freeze-restarting kept happening anyway. If anyone knows anything about that box, feel free to tell me. It's probably not going to help with my problem, I just want know what it was and if I should have done anything different. In retrospect, the box seems like something that might have been from a virus but everything else on my computer looked normal (besides the freeze-restarting, of course), so it might not have been. My computer would freeze-restart while doing pretty much anything, usually while browsing Youtube and Tv Tropes, as that is what I usually do on my computers, but it would also happen on other websites like Darths and Droids.com and once while I was in a game, namely the main menu screen for the demo of Mass Efect 3.

We tried everything to fix it but nothing worked, so we decided to just reinstall Windows instead ( I probably should also mention that we took all the save data from games on my computer and transferred them back to it after the reinstall, in case that means anything (which it probably doesn't). For a while, my computer troubles seemed over after the reinstall, but one thing I didn't make note of until later was that one time on Tv Tropes, the screen of my computer went completely black and would not go back to normal no matter what I would do, so had to turn off the surge protector it was plugged into just to get it to shut down. I really should have noticed this in hindsight, because later, when I was on the title screen for Crusader Kings 2, it once again freeze-restarted, except this time, and every time on my first computer after the reinstall, there was no "Windows has experienced an unexpected shutdown" screen. After a few weeks/months I got enough courage to try my computer again, which worked fine for a few more months until one day, when I turned it on and left it to go eat lunch I came back to find it had a blue screen of death (at least I think you're supposed to call it a blue screen of death, even though I was able to shut off my computer and restart it, so If blue screen of death is wrong or something, I'm sorry), which my dad did something to try and stop from happening again, I did not completely believe at the time that this was related to my problem, but now I know that it was and it was basicly what would happen when whatever caused my computer to freeze-restart happened and I was not in a game (at least I personally think thats what it was). Later that month, my computer froze-reset while I was playing The Sims Medieval, and after that it did the same thing in Civilization 5. We tried changing the graphics card, but I still got the blue screen of death two times while browsing the web (which is why I believe that the BSOD is connected to my freeze crashing problem), so when my brother was getting a new computer we decided to get the same one for me.

This new computer should by all reasonable logic have not had the same problem as my previous one, but I noticed that, occasionally, when watching a video it would freeze up for a few seconds and the sound would loop, much like when my previous computer would freeze-restart, except that the screen would just freeze, rather than go black. I ignored this, for whatever reason, until my computer froze-reset while playing Victoria 2 (only 2 days after buying it, lucky me *sarcasm*). I was told by my dads friend/acquaintance Scott who works at this technology and computer place or whatever and sold us the computer, after getting it looked at by him, that it was because the fan on my computer was defective (which is just proof that the universe hates me), But after what happened with the computer I got after this (which both me and my brother got again because the ones before were not as good as my previous one), I'm not so sure thats true.

When playing the Europa Universalis 4 demo on my latest computer, the screen suddenly went black and the sound looped, just like a freeze-restart would do, but then the screen went white and then the sound came back to normal, then the visuals came back and everything seemed normal again, like nothing ever happened. I quickly quit the game and shut down the computer, knowing that it might happen again. My family and Scott however, say that its "just the game" and that I should try my computer again, despite the fact that no one else has ever, to my knowledge, had this happen to them in the game. In fact, I asked on the Paradox forums if this is something that is common or normal to happen in this game, and I got this response from one of the users: "Obviously it is not...

Computer restarting is often a problem of overheating, bad power suply[sic], bad memory stick.
The screen going black and coming back looks like you are losing the GFX card somewhere, could be bad drivers, low power suply[sic], overheating again."

This issue has made my life hell for almost 2 years, and if I can't solve it soon my computer is going to have to be sold and a my dad will never buy a new one. The only continuity between my computers is that they have have all used the same monitor (until recently, when it had to be replaced because it was acting weird), mouse, speakers, possibly wireless antennae and they all at some point had Civilization 5 installed them (except my first computer before the reinstall, though I think it might have had the demo for Civ 5) Please tell me what the hell has been causing this and what I should do to stop it.

I'm asking this on multiple sites so that I can be sure I get an answer. Here are my current specs.

Intel DH77EB Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) Processor
Thermaltake TR2 500W power supply
Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) Dual channel Memory
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express Video Card (02G-P4-3657-KR)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Posting at multiple forums...is not a good idea, IMO.  You may get "answers" but chances are that those "answers" will reflect the quality of the responder, more than anything else.  None of the suggestions made is likely to lead to resolution and they may possibly conflict.

Since you only have 1 response...and it doesn't seem to be overly helpful...let's try the following.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 kevster99410

kevster99410
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Unfortunately, I can not do this right now, as my computer is currently being tested by Scott. I probably should have mentioned this in my original post, I am truly sorry and I feel like a complete idiot for that. I asked this question online because I'm afraid they won't find anything wrong with it, as has happened with my first computer whenever it would be tested, despite the fact that it still froze-reset anyway. I will however try to do what you told me to once I am able to, just don't expect it for at least a day or two. Again, I am sorry.

Also, when you said that the only other response I got was unhelpful, did you mean the one on CNET? Because yeah, that one seems like it might be unhelpful and I just want confirmation that it is. I'm also sorry about posting this to multiple forums, It's just that the last time asked about this when it happened with my second computer, I didn't get a proper response so I just thought this was a good way to increase my chances, I don't do this kind of stuff as often as I probably should.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

No need to be apologetic about anything :)...as for the time it takes for a response...those of us trying to assist are not on any timetables which dictate any desire for instaneous responses :).

When I deem a response "unhelpful", I mean it doesn't address the seeming issues.  A computer freezes and restarts...for any number of reasons, ranging from hardware to malware to O/S problems to program/driver issues.  To cough up a generic "do this, do that" cannot possibly cover all those possibilities...and that's the way I interpreted the particular "response" I saw.

Troubleshooting takes a little more time and energy...than spouting a few general suggestions regarding computer system maintenance, IMO.

If Scott cannot shed any light on what's going on...feel free to followup your post here with the requested data :).

Louis

#5 kevster99410

kevster99410
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Well, it's been quite a while hasn't it? Almost a year, in fact. I want to apologise for taking so long to do this, but its probably hurt me more than it has you. I did not do this sooner because quite frankly, I was afraid of my desktop crashing on me again. I know thats a stupid thing to be scared of, but it's the truth.

If you don't respond to this after a while, thats fine, I'll probably start a new thread for my problem or something. If you need to know, I have not personally used this computer since my incident with it (on August 19th 2013), but the people who looked at it probably tried things on it.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/NmL8fFa3jdaq81I5xGU8XwE[/size]

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 21-07-2014
Ran by Kevin (administrator) on 27-07-2014 at 15:45:54
Running from "C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (07/27/2014 03:32:43 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )
Description: //./root/CIMV2SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 990x80041003

Error: (10/31/2013 02:16:08 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )
Description: //./root/CIMV2SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 990x80041003

Error: (10/31/2013 01:50:17 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (10/31/2013 01:08:17 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (10/31/2013 01:02:47 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (10/31/2013 00:40:26 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (10/28/2013 04:53:58 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )
Description: Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: The data is invalid.

Error: (10/28/2013 04:53:57 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )
Description: Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: The data is invalid.

Error: (10/28/2013 04:53:56 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )

Error: (10/28/2013 04:53:54 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )

System errors:
=============
Error: (07/27/2014 03:32:09 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
Description: %NT AUTHORITY60 has encountered an error trying to update signatures.
New Signature Version: 
Previous Signature Version: 1.161.1173.0
Update Source: %NT AUTHORITY59
Update Stage: 4.3.0219.00
Source Path: 4.3.0219.01
Signature Type: %NT AUTHORITY602
Update Type: %NT AUTHORITY604
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Current Engine Version: %NT AUTHORITY605
Previous Engine Version: %NT AUTHORITY606
Error code: %NT AUTHORITY607
Error description: %NT AUTHORITY608

Error: (10/31/2013 01:51:40 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: )
Description: {752073A1-23F2-4396-85F0-8FDB879ED0ED}

Error: (10/31/2013 01:10:40 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Steam Client Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
%%1053

Error: (10/31/2013 01:10:40 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client Service service to connect.

Error: (10/31/2013 00:51:49 AM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
Description: %NT AUTHORITY60 has encountered an error trying to update signatures.
New Signature Version: 
Previous Signature Version: 1.161.896.0
Update Stage: 4.3.0215.00
Source Path: 4.3.0215.01

Error: (10/31/2013 00:38:44 AM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 12:36:21 AM on ‎10/‎31/‎2013 was unexpected.

Error: (10/30/2013 02:04:34 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
New Signature Version: 

Error: (10/29/2013 02:04:35 PM) (Source: Microsoft Antimalware) (User: )
New Signature Version: 

Error: (10/28/2013 04:56:33 PM) (Source: Schannel) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The following fatal alert was generated: 40. The internal error state is 107.

Error: (10/28/2013 04:56:33 PM) (Source: Schannel) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: An SSL 3.0 connection request was received from a remote client application, but none of the cipher suites supported by the client application are supported by the server. The SSL connection request has failed.

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================

=========================== Installed Programs ============================
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{6E107EB7-8B55-48BF-ACCB-199F86A2CD93}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3) (x32 Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Belkin Basic Wireless USB Adapter (HKLM-x32\...\{577EA8FF-7FA8-4D88-B7E2-29A437605F80}) (Version: 2.0.5.0 - Belkin International, Inc.)
Dota 2 (HKLM-x32\...\Steam App 570) (Version:  - Valve)
Europa Universalis IV Demo (HKLM-x32\...\Steam App 247890) (Version:  - Paradox Development Studio)
GeForce Experience NvStream Client Components (Version: 1.6.28 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
Google Chrome (HKLM-x32\...\Google Chrome) (Version: 30.0.1599.101 - Google Inc.)
Google Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.21.165 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Intel® Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent (HKLM-x32\...\{A6C48A9F-694A-4234-B3AA-62590B668927}) (Version: 1.0.0.36354 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Management Engine Components (HKLM-x32\...\{65153EA5-8B6E-43B6-857B-C6E4FC25798A}) (Version: 8.1.0.1281 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Network Connections 18.4.59.0 (HKLM\...\PROSetDX) (Version: 18.4.59.0 - Intel)
Intel® Network Connections 18.4.59.0 (Version: 18.4.59.0 - Intel) Hidden
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (HKLM\...\{409CB30E-E457-4008-9B1A-ED1B9EA21140}) (Version: 12.5.0.1066 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Version: 12.5.0.1066 - Intel Corporation) Hidden
Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{240C3DDD-C5E9-4029-9DF7-95650D040CF2}) (Version: 1.0.8.251 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Trusted Connect Service Client (Version: 1.24.738.1 - Intel Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (HKLM\...\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile) (Version: 4.0.30319 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Version: 4.0.30319 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (HKLM\...\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended) (Version: 4.0.30319 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (Version: 4.0.30319 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In (HKLM-x32\...\{90140000-2005-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}) (Version: 14.0.5130.5003 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Office InfoPath MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Office 64-bit Components 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 (HKLM-x32\...\PROPLUS) (Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Publisher MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007 (Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007 (x32 Version: 12.0.6612.1000 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Save as PDF Add-in for 2007 Microsoft Office programs (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-00B0-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}) (Version: 12.0.4518.1014 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Security Client (Version: 4.3.0219.0 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Microsoft Security Essentials (HKLM\...\Microsoft Security Client) (Version: 4.3.219.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Silverlight (HKLM\...\{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00}) (Version: 5.1.20913.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{710f4c1c-cc18-4c49-8cbf-51240c89a1a2}) (Version: 8.0.61001 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{7299052b-02a4-4627-81f2-1818da5d550d}) (Version: 8.0.56336 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM-x32\...\{9A25302D-30C0-39D9-BD6F-21E6EC160475}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (HKLM-x32\...\{1F1C2DFC-2D24-3E06-BCB8-725134ADF989}) (Version: 9.0.30729.4148 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (HKLM-x32\...\{9BE518E6-ECC6-35A9-88E4-87755C07200F}) (Version: 9.0.30729.6161 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM\...\{1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM-x32\...\{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (HKLM-x32\...\{86493ADD-824D-4B8E-BD72-8C5DCDC52A71}) (Version: 4.20.9870.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (HKLM-x32\...\{F662A8E6-F4DC-41A2-901E-8C11F044BDEC}) (Version: 4.20.9876.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Nero BackItUp 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10700 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero Blu-ray Player (x32 Version: 12.0.20030 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero BurnRights 10 (HKLM-x32\...\{943CFD7D-5336-47AF-9418-E02473A5A517}) (Version: 4.4.10400.2.100 - Nero AG)
Nero BurnRights 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10000 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero Control Center 10 (x32 Version: 10.6.13000.0.11 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero ControlCenter 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10000 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero Core Components 10 (x32 Version: 2.0.19900.9.11 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero CoverDesigner 10 (HKLM-x32\...\{FCF00A6E-FB58-477A-ABE9-232907105521}) (Version: 5.6.10600.4.100 - Nero AG)
Nero CoverDesigner 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10000 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero DiscSpeed 10 (HKLM-x32\...\{34490F4E-48D0-492E-8249-B48BECF0537C}) (Version: 6.4.10500.1.100 - Nero AG)
Nero DiscSpeed 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10000 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero Express 10 (HKLM-x32\...\{70550193-1C22-445C-8FA4-564E155DB1A7}) (Version: 10.6.10800.6.100 - Nero AG)
Nero Express 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10200 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero InfoTool 10 (HKLM-x32\...\{F412B4AF-388C-4FF5-9B2F-33DB1C536953}) (Version: 7.4.10300.1.100 - Nero AG)
Nero InfoTool 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10000 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Essentials (HKLM-x32\...\{CD1EC3FD-B3EF-4970-99CE-026C83BA2B76}) (Version: 10.5.10000 - Nero AG)
Nero StartSmart 10 (HKLM-x32\...\{F61D489E-6C44-49AC-AD02-7DA8ACA73A65}) (Version: 10.6.10500.3.100 - Nero AG)
Nero StartSmart 10 Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 10.5.10000 - Nero AG) Hidden
Nero Update (x32 Version: 11.0.11800.31.0 - Nero AG) Hidden
NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver 320.49 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.NVIRUSB) (Version: 320.49 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 331.65 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.3DVision) (Version: 331.65 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA Control Panel 331.65 (Version: 331.65 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA GeForce Experience 1.7 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.GFExperience) (Version: 1.7 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 331.65 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.Driver) (Version: 331.65 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA Install Application (Version: 2.1002.140.952 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA LED Visualizer 1.0 (Version: 1.0 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA PhysX (x32 Version: 9.13.0604 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.13.0604 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.PhysX) (Version: 9.13.0604 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA ShadowPlay 9.3.16 (Version: 9.3.16 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver (x32 Version: 7.17.13.3165 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Update 9.3.16 (Version: 9.3.16 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Update Components (Version: 9.3.16 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
NVIDIA Virtual Audio 1.2.9 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_VirtualAudio.Driver) (Version: 1.2.9 - NVIDIA Corporation)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}) (Version: 6.0.1.7040 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
SHIELD Streaming (Version: 1.6.34 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
Sid Meier's Civilization V (HKLM-x32\...\Steam App 8930) (Version:  - 2K Games, Inc.)
Speccy (HKLM\...\Speccy) (Version: 1.26 - Piriform)
Steam (HKLM-x32\...\{048298C9-A4D3-490B-9FF9-AB023A9238F3}) (Version: 1.0.0.0 - Valve Corporation)
System Requirements Lab for Intel (HKLM-x32\...\{53C63F43-B827-42D9-8886-4698D91EA33B}) (Version: 4.5.15.0 - Husdawg, LLC)
Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{C444285D-5E4F-48A4-91DD-47AAAA68E92D}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871) (HKLM-x32\...\{F5B09CFD-F0B2-36AF-8DF4-1DF6B63FC7B4}.KB2468871) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523) (HKLM-x32\...\{F5B09CFD-F0B2-36AF-8DF4-1DF6B63FC7B4}.KB2533523) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2600217) (HKLM-x32\...\{F5B09CFD-F0B2-36AF-8DF4-1DF6B63FC7B4}.KB2600217) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2836939) (HKLM-x32\...\{F5B09CFD-F0B2-36AF-8DF4-1DF6B63FC7B4}.KB2836939) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2836939v3) (HKLM-x32\...\{F5B09CFD-F0B2-36AF-8DF4-1DF6B63FC7B4}.KB2836939v3) (Version: 3 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2468871) (HKLM-x32\...\{8E34682C-8118-31F1-BC4C-98CD9675E1C2}.KB2468871) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2533523) (HKLM-x32\...\{8E34682C-8118-31F1-BC4C-98CD9675E1C2}.KB2533523) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2600217) (HKLM-x32\...\{8E34682C-8118-31F1-BC4C-98CD9675E1C2}.KB2600217) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2836939) (HKLM-x32\...\{8E34682C-8118-31F1-BC4C-98CD9675E1C2}.KB2836939) (Version: 1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2836939v3) (HKLM-x32\...\{8E34682C-8118-31F1-BC4C-98CD9675E1C2}.KB2836939v3) (Version: 3 - Microsoft Corporation)
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 Help for Common Features (KB963673) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{AB365889-0395-4FAD-B702-CA5985D53D42}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596620) 32-Bit Edition (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{A024FC7B-77DE-45DE-A058-1C049A17BFB3}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687493) 32-Bit Edition (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{6FAA03BD-2B51-4029-9AD9-64A3B8E3C84C}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2767849) 32-Bit Edition (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{CB68A5B0-3508-4193-AEB9-AF636DAECE0F}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2767849) 32-Bit Edition (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-002A-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{CB68A5B0-3508-4193-AEB9-AF636DAECE0F}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2767916) 32-Bit Edition (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{E9A82945-BA29-4EE8-8F2A-2F49545E9CF2}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Access 2007 Help (KB963663) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0015-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{6B76A18A-AA1E-42AB-A7AD-6C84BBB43987}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Help (KB963678) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{199DF7B6-169C-448C-B511-1054101BE9C9}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Infopath 2007 Help (KB963662) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0044-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{716B81B8-B13C-41DF-8EAC-7A2F656CAB63}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB2687404) 32-Bit Edition (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-001A-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{ED38F8A3-4F61-494E-8BCA-E3AC7760C924}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Help (KB963677) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-001A-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{0451F231-E3E3-4943-AB9F-58EB96171784}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2827325) 32-Bit Edition (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{11C9B057-27FF-4BC1-82F6-DC4B15E70A2E}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 Help (KB963669) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0018-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{397B1D4F-ED7B-4ACA-A637-43B670843876}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Help (KB963667) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-0019-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{2E40DE55-B289-4C8B-8901-5D369B16814F}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Script Editor Help (KB963671) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{CD11C6A2-FFC6-4271-8EAB-79C3582F505C}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 Help (KB963665) (HKLM-x32\...\{90120000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}_PROPLUS_{80E762AA-C921-4839-9D7D-DB62A72C0726}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
VC_CRT_x64 (Version: 1.02.0000 - Intel Corporation) Hidden
Victoria II (HKLM-x32\...\Steam App 42960) (Version:  - Paradox Development Studio)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 29%
Total physical RAM: 8156.07 MB
Available physical RAM: 5717.58 MB
Total Pagefile: 16310.31 MB
Available Pagefile: 13265.05 MB
Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB
Available Virtual: 3987.25 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:931.41 GB) (Free:867.16 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\KEVIN-CI5

Administrator            Guest                    Kevin                    
UpdatusUser              

**** End of log ****

Edited by hamluis, 27 July 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

I see no indication of system overheating...neither the hard drive nor the CPU.

Please post some information about the PSU used in this system.  You can look at the tag/label on the PSU for pertinent data.

Typically...if I had a system and replaced it...and had the same symptoms/problems with #2...I would start thinking about my computer habits and the environment said systems are in.

Louis

#7 kevster99410

kevster99410
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Here are some pictures my dad took of the power supply, I hope they help.

fonipx.jpg

11bhrx1.jpg

rmnwir.jpg

30kdlqq.jpg

35b5xlu.jpg

Edited by kevster99410, 03 August 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

I'm sorry but I don't get a sense of direction from any of the data I requested and you presented.

Rather than hazard more foolish guesses, I will move this to the Internal Hardware forum.

Louis

#9 kevster99410

kevster99410
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:04 PM

Oh dear. Was there something I didn't do right with this? If so, I'm sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users