Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS upgrade...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Valor00

Valor00

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Okay I am ... Was using this setup

Specs:

Win 7

MOBO= m578l-m lx plus (asus)

BIOS was 1302 updated to 1303 (today)

Socket AM3+

AMD FD4100WMGUSBX FX-4100

So now the problem I restarted my computer the first time bam no issues. I installed a program Sisandra course restarted, and now I cannot see any visuals on my monitor from either my graphics card or on board graphics ports.

I am an advanced user, but have personally never encountered this type of issue so i figured need help ask for it

In advance for help, and responses thank you. If you need further info please state what, and I will do my best to provide it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

If you are saying that you are getting a "Black Screen", you might try replacing your mobo battery with a new one.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

What was the reason for the BIOS update?

#4 Valor00

Valor00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

First off thank you I found my BIOS clear jumper, and it worked not in the least bit sure what went wrong but hey it is working now. The reason for the upgrade was because I have OCD, and my computer has to be updated or (and i am not kidding) get paranoid about it not working properly... Then i will be forced to wipe, and reinstall my entire OS, and it is just not pretty so i keep it fully updated... 

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

BIOS Updates should only be done to resolve critical hardware compatibility issues and to fix major bugs. SO in the future I would recommend not updating the BIOS unless you find it resolves an issue that prevents windows from updating to a later service pack or another issue just like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users