Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhop23

jhop23

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I purchased a new graphics card today. its an xfx r6670 core edition. I installed it into my computer and i get no signal from my monitor. I uninstall the graphics card and turn on my computer and i get a signal. I have installed the drivers for the graphics card hoping that would solve it but it still doesnt get a signal when it is installed. i have an amd a8 5600k gpu. corsair cx430 psu, 8 gigs of g skill 1600 ram, windows 8. so to recap whenever my new graphics card is plugged in to my computer i get no signal when it is out of the computer i get a signal. Please help and tell me what i can do to solve this problem! i originally thought it was a bad graphics card so i exchanged it now i know its not the graphics card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Some graphics cards require that a power cable, (6 pin on my machine), from the power supply be hooked up to them. Is your one of those ? and do you have the cable hooked up ?

Edited by JHMcG, 26 October 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#3 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I would think it is most likely an issue with the driver having issues with windows 8. Try to look into the drivers specs as to what operating system it will work with. 

Moderator Edit: Removed Link

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 27 October 2013 - 11:57 AM.

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users