Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryptolock End of the Line....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cryptonightmare

cryptonightmare

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

We are officially at the end of any hope. We contracted this virus a couple of days ago and of course, it encrypted all of our photos and vidoes of our children. We tried everything we could, but utimately decided we would pay the ransom as we wanted our memories back. When we followed the link they provided, we are now unable to get the virus back and therefore we can't even pay the stupid biticoins. We have until 8pm to pay or we have forever lost our momentos. I'm totally beside myself. Anyone have any ideas please?

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Unfortunately there is not much we can do. However we have this comprehensive topic: Cryptolocker Hijack program as well as this Guide and FAQ: CryptoLocker Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 cryptonightmare

cryptonightmare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

From what we researched we do realize there is little we can do. But we were hoping someone had a similar experience not being able to connect to the link to pay. I did read the FAQ and such, unfortunately, we are already screwed.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

It's possible someone may reply with something workable. Thats why I moved your topic the forum that has more visibility for your issue. As well as gave you links to all the information available at this time.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Rich_n_FTC

Rich_n_FTC

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

cryptonightmare,

I'm in a similar situation where I cannot access the link to pay as Malwarebytes removed the virus/malware.  I installed the 0388.exe with the URL listed in the wall paper image but I still do not have a link to pay the ransom.  I have found an interesting list of steps that may help you here in the BC forum   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506924/cryptolocker-hijack-program/page-76 . It is by CEG and is post #1131.  I have not yet tried it by I thought, given that your timeline is up at 8:00PM, I'd send it along. 

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hello to both of you -

I / we have been following this for some time, and this is why the main topic was opened.

Most comments are better added there as this topic has no records, and they are all in the main topic for all with the problem, to help you and discuss the current problem.

That is the better place and not off shoots like this one.

Thank you for co-operating with us on the problem -

#7 cryptonightmare

cryptonightmare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

noknojon - certainly didn't mean to cause some "problem" posting a problem I was having. I'm just a non-computer person who got screwed by a horrible virus and was reaching out for some help. I have no idea how to use this site. It would be great to be a little more empathetic to someone's problems.

I'll try to "cooperate" in the future.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hello cryptonightmare -

I was just trying to head you to the main topic, where there have been advances and problems found.

Please note that at no time was I criticising you for what you did. We are all struggling and at times frustrated with this "cryptonightmare" as you so aptly named yourself.

"I'll try to "cooperate" in the future."<= Is not what I meant towards you personally, but I thought someome in the main topic may have been able to better assist you in some way.

Please do continue this topic if it is helping you, and naturally I am sorry for all the people caught by this.

Remember that you never "cause a problem" by your choice to continue, or join into the main topic that has been trying to get rid of these scumbags that are causing the problems.

I am Very Sorry if my comments were taken in any way but trying to help you.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users